Q? Buying engine from dealers

discostu49

Reaction score
It's a question I have mainly out if curiosity, I love the 3.2 engine and will be keeping this car so have long term plans and that involved a turbo in a few years now I know the costs can be 10k or more for this but the end results worth it I hear, my question is what would be the costs in buying the rs3 2.5 engine and fitting it to my Sportback, looks like it would be no problem in fitting as most parts are in the same position however I'm not sure if there would be an issue with the gearbox obviously the ts3 is 7 speed dsg I have 6 speed dsg, just weighing up cost and most sensible route as the 2.5 is a hell of an engine .... And this is just a dream at the moment but if I'm to put out big bucks want to make sure it's the best decision

you wouldn't even want be begin the price up a rs3 engine from the dealers ! i would estimate for everything on the engine turbo ect you would easily be into the 7k+ range just for the engine and the gearbox i wouldn't know where to start ! , i have seen a rs3 engine on ebay it was about 4k