First Audi...a yuppie's car

AudiA32.0FSI

Reaction score
Hi Guys,ypu

Im from South Afirca...A wonderful country where people take their rides seriouly.Your status is directly linked to the car you drive...Hence the favourable financing plans we have.You can really get the new RS7 at a steal of a montly lease installment with that horrid balloon payment right at the end.

Anyway Im not into new cars...A lot of money for basically just the smell of the interior.So what I do is look for a car that was decently maintained and well taken care of.

So my story goes.
2 and a half years ago I bought my first car - A VW Jetta MK4.What a beauty she was.I didn't have my license then so had to finance it through a personal loan.32% interest..Ye I know its ridiculous but I really wanted the car.So through the 2 years I replaced the cv joints,shocks,coil pack,control arms,cambelt,VSS,mags.

Decided I wanted to get the baby legal I put her through road worthy got my license disk and was on my way to the testing grounds to get my license - This was the 31St of January 2014.Here is where the trouble started....With all the stop-go of driving lesson I got the morning before the test the car overheated a bit.Nothing to major cause I already knew it was leaking some coolant from the heat exchange near the firewall.So I filled her up with some cold water and proceeded to the testing station.

Here is where things got bad - The car started to overheat again while I was doing my test.Needless to say the lady told me that I had to get another vehicle if I was to continue with the test.So 600 south African rand later I got a VW Polo to complete the test.A bit shaky I did everything precisely as I was told. Voilà!!! Got my license.Now as a legal road user I felt good coming back home.When all of the sudden I heard a strange thump.The car stalled but restarted and continued.I thought maybe just some terminal or something that caused the dip in power.Alas it wasn't,merely a few kilometres on the car started losing serious power...

I pulled over on the shoulder of the highway to inspect...to my dismay this is where my car died.It never started again.On the tow truck to the mechanic it went...At first told me it was my head-gasket.Which made sense right since it overheated..So I got a donation from the mother to have it fixed.Got a call a few days later and guy told me it that the egine ceased and it was going to cost me quite a bit more to have it running again.As much as I loved the car I decided to let it go...Sold as is for exactly the amount still owed on it.

Now I'm stranded without a car.Looking furiously for a replacement.Got the idea in my head that indeed this time around I would buy a new car...A VW Polo Vivo(Looks just like the normal Polo but a replacement to the MK1 Golf sold until 2008 in south africa) Now for the price you could buy a second hand BMW 320i or a MK5 Jetta/Golf...All good and well but did it really fit my personality.

Just then a guy walked past my table during lunch and saw me hunting for cars on-line...He suggested an Audi A3 which one of his girlfriend's friends was selling on. He sent me the link and by god I was in love.Here was a perfect car well within my budget with alle the bell's and whistles.Had the image I was looking for and very few kilometre(miles) on.

Without even asking the lady first if the car was still available I applied for finance...Approved.I phoned her up and the rest is history.

I am taking delivery of the car this week....After waiting for 2 weeks and literately watching every Audi A3 8P video I could find online. Finally sitting in my lounge on the couch writing to you guys about it.

So here is the specs of my new baby

Audi A3 2.0 FSI Manual 6 Speed
2008 Model
Rock standard
Leather Seats
Multi-Funtional Steering Wheel

I will probably not be posting a build tread since the budget will be a tight squeeze now.Rather expensive to start out in your own place.Needing to buy everything from scratch...Ye not even a bed.Was dead set that I would not start my adult life with a single bed.You have to have double.You know.....for if some girl needs to have a rest next to you.Hehehehe

Attachments

• s_1391409431_597031543_1.jpg
    s_1391409431_597031543_1.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 351
  • 1391409591_597031543_1-Pictures-of--Audi-A3-Excellent-Condition.jpg
    1391409591_597031543_1-Pictures-of--Audi-A3-Excellent-Condition.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 202
  • 1391409591_597031543_2-Audi-A3-Excellent-Condition-Pretoria.jpg
    1391409591_597031543_2-Audi-A3-Excellent-Condition-Pretoria.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 225
  • 1391409591_597031543_3-Audi-A3-Excellent-Condition-Cars.jpg
    1391409591_597031543_3-Audi-A3-Excellent-Condition-Cars.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 173
  • 1391409591_597031543_5-Audi-A3-Excellent-Condition-Gauteng (1).jpg
    1391409591_597031543_5-Audi-A3-Excellent-Condition-Gauteng (1).jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 199
  • 1391409591_597031543_6-Audi-A3-Excellent-Condition-South-Africa (1).jpg
    1391409591_597031543_6-Audi-A3-Excellent-Condition-South-Africa (1).jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 199
  • s_1391409431_597031543_4.jpg
    s_1391409431_597031543_4.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:
Reactions: nezz and Westy
HI Westy. Thanks for the reply....Felt like a little boy when I got the email that someone responded on the tread...Im really liking this thread stuff.Being part of community with people that share the same passions as I do is awesome.

I also believe it must have been fate.Still in the Vw Family just a step up..Who knows a Bentley might be next since i cant see myself selling this car in the foreseeable future.

Perhaps you could help me too....How do the guys get the pics so big in the thread.I thought it would resize once I uploaded it but alas

Hope you have build thread.Will be checking out your car after this post.

Regards

HI Westy. Thanks for the reply....Felt like a little boy when I got the email that someone responded on the tread...Im really liking this thread stuff.Being part of community with people that share the same passions as I do is awesome.

I also believe it must have been fate.Still in the Vw Family just a step up..Who knows a Bentley might be next since i cant see myself selling this car in the foreseeable future.

Perhaps you could help me too....How do the guys get the pics so big in the thread.I thought it would resize once I uploaded it but alas

Hope you have build thread.Will be checking out your car after this post.

Regards

Most of the guys here have accounts with "photobucket" or another photo hosting site. You can then post the links directly from there and they should come out normal size. When attaching them here you use the "URL" tab when attaching an image and just stick it in there.

I have only been an A3 8P owner myself for a week. I've spent the last 5 and a half years with an 8L S3. Theres a huge build thread for it on the 8L board.

I've been doing some work on my A3 this weekend so might get a thread started in a week or two once I'm ready to unleash it ;)

Car looks great and in very good condition too, the brake calipers are like new!

Enjoy the Audi motoring :)

Sweet thank you for the advice - Just created a photobucket account. Rather easy.Hope to post a lot of pics once I get my baby this week.Should probably start thinking of a name for her.Misses Audi wouldn't work....But Mistress Audi might.

Just checked out you Nurburgring photos.You must miss that car.I can see that a lot of effort went into her.Why did you let her go?

Cant wait to see what you've done to the new one.Is it perhaps black as well?

Reactions: Westy
Car looks great and in very good condition too, the brake calipers are like new!

Enjoy the Audi motoring :)

I didn't notice that...Girl that sold me the car mentioned something about the brakes in the last service.

Indecently the reason she is selling the car is due to the 3 door config.She finds it a bit difficult with the baby chair and everything in the back.So she's also going for an Audi again.Just the A4

Sweet thank you for the advice - Just created a photobucket account. Rather easy.Hope to post a lot of pics once I get my baby this week.Should probably start thinking of a name for her.Misses Audi wouldn't work....But Mistress Audi might.

Just checked out you Nurburgring photos.You must miss that car.I can see that a lot of effort went into her.Why did you let her go?

Cant wait to see what you've done to the new one.Is it perhaps black as well?

Unfortunately I do a lot of miles for work and needed a diesel. I couldn't afford to run a diesel and the S3 so had to let her go.

Lots of money spent on that car and it was one of (if not thee) most powerful K04 turbo'd 8L S3. It's now with another Audi Sport member so not too bad as I'll get to see it.

My A3 already has a fair bit of work done to it so I think most of the money I spend on it will be maintenance related ;)

Unfortunately I do a lot of miles for work and needed a diesel. I couldn't afford to run a diesel and the S3 so had to let her go.

Lots of money spent on that car and it was one of (if not thee) most powerful K04 turbo'd 8L S3. It's now with another Audi Sport member so not too bad as I'll get to see it.

My A3 already has a fair bit of work done to it so I think most of the money I spend on it will be maintenance related ;)

Same here.Car sold to a guy at my work.Boffin when it comes to engines.And well he has a tendency to buy/sell cars alot.Who knows maybe ill buy my beloved jetta back in the future.But until then I can keep a good eye on it

How about just a teaser pic of your new ride? Would love to see it

Here is a picture of the old lady the day I got her new mags en tyres

999995 10202032790330677 1418851366 n zps25b98cdb

Tomorrow is the day! Getting it tomorrow.So excited! In the words of Celine Dion "I drove all night" hahahah that is seriously cheezy and daft.......

What do you guys thing about any claying....Has anyone here done it.Does is really make that big of a difference on paint thats not that old.

Thank you