Audi s3 problem under boost Help needed!

jakeyb2525

Reaction score
Hi, ive been the owner of a 2007 s3 for the past few months, all has been well up until this point!

Last week i did a few of the standard upgrades inc re-map

Standard exhaust full De-cat
New speed induction kit
Fordge DV

since the re-map Ive noticed a drop of in boost at lower revs around 3500-4000rpm

When you put your foot down the boost comes in fine then drops off around 3-4000rpm, when the boost drops you get a little chatter from the air filter like you've lifted your foot off the throttle, then it goes and pulls fine through the later part of the rev range, also when your flat out and going through the gears the boost seems really weak after every gear change.

Sometimes the car feels quick but there is defiantly a problem somewhere and its doing my head in!!! We have had it on the ramp today and had a good check over the hoses etc but cant find a leak!

I hope that made some sort of sense!!, any help or ideas on what to check would be appreciated

Last edited:
Have you got access to VCDS. There's a good posting about measuring boost values etc which should help you still down a little more into what is and isn't happening.

Reactions: jakeyb2525
Hi yes i have, ive not long had it so haven't really had chance to have a mess with it, i didn't know you could check boost values with it... ill have a look now what needs to be done, defiantly a start! :thumbsup:

Hi, ive been the owner of a 2007 s3 for the past few months, all has been well up until this point!

Last week i did a few of the standard upgrades inc re-map

Standard exhaust full De-cat
New speed induction kit
Fordge DV

since the re-map Ive noticed a drop of in boost at lower revs around 3500-4000rpm

When you put your foot down the boost comes in fine then drops off around 3-4000rpm, when the boost drops you get a little chatter from the air filter like you've lifted your foot off the throttle, then it goes and pulls fine through the later part of the rev range, also when your flat out and going through the gears the boost seems really week after every gear change.

Sometimes the car feels quick but there is defiantly a problem somewhere and its doing my head in!!! We have had it on the ramp today and had a good check over the hoses etc but cant find a leak!

I hope that made some sort of sense!!, any help or ideas on what to check would be appreciated

The part in bold when it chatters from the filter is the compressor stalling as it's requesting too much boost but it's not able to get it through the system fast enough.

Reactions: jakeyb2525
ok ...is that a common problem then? is it anything to worry about?

ok ...is that a common problem then? is it anything to worry about?

As far as I know it's quite common on generic re-maps with aftermarket intakes. I don't know all the ins and outs though.

Mine does the same for a short few seconds and mine also feels like its faster at different times but mine says it has a boost leak...

sounds like the same problem, mines not coming up with any faults though :think:

does yours feel like its losing power when you change gear?

mine seems ok say if im toodling along in 3rd @ 40mph 3500rpm (ish) and put my foot down it pulls really well!