In car DVD with RNS-E

jphc

RS6 Dreamin'
Reaction score
Ok... So i want to be able to play DVD's via my MK2 LED RNS-E unit. I do t a lot of waiting around and think it would be nice to watch films in the car. I am not bothered about watching them whilst driving though.

My understanding is that you have to have a multimedia adapter plugged into your RNS-E to take AV signal from a portable DVD player, and then it is displayed through your RNS-E screen with sound? Is that right?
I have been looking at an adapter like this one:
NEW! Plug&Play AV multimedia interface - RNS-E TV DVD - AUDI A3 A4 A6 | eBay

Is that the correct adapter?

Also; how do you tell the RNS-E to display from AV input. Does it need coding or will it just show up and display when plugged in and turned on?

Thanks Guys

thats the right Multimedia inferface i believe... when connected it wont need coding it should appear in your sources menu of the Media option...

as you've got a mk2 RNS-E dont beleieve there is a Video in Motion hack though so you will only be able to watch when parked up..

im sure if im wrong then some1 will correct me but when i was buying my rns-e couple years ago this is what i was advised... unless some genius has worked out a way since

Thanks mate. Thats what i wanted to hear. Just quite expensive for what it is. Oh well!