Next mod? Going on Road trip

Jonse

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

In August I have a road trip planned around Europe where I will be going to the Belgium Grand Prix and then on to Nurburgring.

Car is Currently running Revo Stage 2+ 365BHP, but I haven’t really touch the rest of the car, I know it’s stupid to have the power without better suspension and brakes, so this is where I need your advice/help. What is my next step?

Are the standard brakes good enough for this power by just getting upgraded discs and pads or do I go for BBK?

Suspension/ Handling is completely standard. I don’t want to lower the car much. So is it worth going for Front lowering springs and ARBS?

I can’t afford to do it all but I have around £1000 to play with.

Do I go for BBK or new disc/ pads with ARBS?

Any help would be great

Cheers

Jonse

I'd leave the brakes.

Whiteline antilift kit and rear anti roll bar would be where I'd start.

With Eibach pro springs to level things up.

The the rest of the cash squirrel away...

I've got the upgraded Eibach Pro Kit front springs, and I find that that works forthe front end just fine, so I'd do the rear ARB and then upgrade the front discs / pads to something a bit perkier (have a search, there are loads of recommendations on the site)

So upgrading the brakes isn't necessary for Stage 2+. I was going to get the H&R springs but as i have 9J rear alloys so they will rub. With ARB should i replace both or is it ok just for the rear?

So upgrading the brakes isn't necessary for Stage 2+.

Not for road use, but if you plan to go anywhere near a track then definitely; I made this fundamental mistake with S2+ about 3 years ago and disn't get the best from my Ring experience because of the oversight. My brakes were overheating badly well before the lap was out. On the road I'd never had a problem as I don't tend to brake at the last minute.

Have you driven the ring before? If you haven't, then I doubt you'll be driving it with that much knowledge you'd be going fast enough to cook the brakes.
And if you do, you'd be advised to take it a little easier.
Tackle it like a road you've never driven before, not something you might be familiar with off a PS3 game.
That's my advice :)

Enjoy the trip, will be a great experience with F1 and then the Ring

No I haven't driven the Ring but I do intend to do some track time prior to going this year.

Guys so ive spent the weekend thinking what i want and i am swaying towards a BBK.

I dont want to spend crazy money and have seen a kit of k Sport 8 pot for around £1000

Anyone have any reviews on them or used them?

So my plan would be to get the BBK and front lowering springs.