List of VCDS tweaks

Westy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Sorry if this info is somewhere on this board but a search has yielded no decent results.

I was wondering if there was a list of things that can be done on the 8P with VCDS?

Common things that could be done over on the 8L board were the following:

- anti high jack. Car locks over 20mph

- set alarm to beep when car is locked/unlocked

- set dash needles only to light up when ignition is on.

Anyway, is there anything that I can play with?

What's the dash needles one on the 8l I've never seen this and I've accidently turned mine off.... By voodoo i think

is there a guide on how to actually change the codes, caus i swear i couldnt work it out.

What's the dash needles one on the 8l I've never seen this and I've accidently turned mine off.... By voodoo i think

I can't remember the specifics off the top of my head but it was a simple code change on the S3 which made only the needles light up. As soon as you turned on the sidelights or headlights the rest of the dash would light up.

Oh I just remembered you can also change the code of the Quattro too. I also turned off the annoying ESP button so it was always off.

Does anyone know if te DIS can be coded to switch off when you press the reset button? The old DIS models used to turn off the information sections and just leave the top strip that displays your radio station/cd info.

I want to be able to turn it off as I don't like it telling me how poor my mpg is or how many miles till I have to fill up again ;)

You can also activate the brake lights to flash rapid if you anchor up aggressively
And the fog light in the hatch can be activated as a brake light

Reactions: Westy