newbie questions - will my alloys fit?

joshb

Reaction score
Hi guys, i am just purchasing my first A3. I have found a nice clean unmolested 2004 2.0ltr TDI Sport Sportback that I have decided to go for.

I have a nice set of Audi wheels in the garage that i had on my T4 but have decided to go for something more "euro" look on the bus with more rubber as it is pretty low and a bit of a bone shaker. So i thought they would look sweet on the A3 rather than them gather dust in the garage. They are genuine audi rs4 that came off a newish (i think) A6. specs are 19 x8.5j et 48 wrapped in 255/35 all round (all tread is little on the low side)

The question is will the fit the A3 without rubbing or would i need spacers and/or new tyres? If they do would it end up looking like a Q5 on the standard suspension? If so could i get it any lower on those wheels?

Apologies if I'm bringing up questions that are in there threads. Thanks in advance

Wheels will fit, tyres wont.... Needs 225's with a slight stretch on them

wont make it look any lower, if anything it'll look like a monster truck on standard suspension, would need a combination of wheels and lowered to suit

Reactions: Adam_A3_
nice one S3_Jacko. Would a 225/35 tyre be best? re lowering, i have no idea where to start, seems most of the people on here spend big bucks on coil overs. is that what i should be looking into or are there cheaper alternatives that work well?