My 2010 S3 Sportback Black Edition Progress Thread!

What a stunner, Murray! Absolutely love what you've done. With Eibach fronts and some FSD's on there and the ride will be tremendous! Beautiful, beautiful car! :wub: Paula xx

Reactions: Muzza80
What a stunner, Murray! Absolutely love what you've done. With Eibach fronts and some FSD's on there and the ride will be tremendous! Beautiful, beautiful car! :wub: Paula xx

Cheers Paula.

I was really impressed with the FSD's you fitted to the Astra before I bought it so will probably go for them when the time comes.

I've just been ordering up some samples of vinyl to try and get a good match of the colour of the wing mirrors and rear diffuser. I'm going to wrap the front splitter section and also the little top strip of the door handles like the RS3 matt alu styling pack has.

Also ordered some gloss black vinyl for the sections betweeen the doors (b pillars?) and the little triangle on the rear doors.

I may also get a very very light tint to the front two windows too to try and make the contrast between front and back a little less obvious, will also make it harder to get into for any scrote that fancied having a go at my RNSE unit.

Reactions: S3_Jacko and warren_S5
Really smart looking car bud, the blue is stunning, love the rotas as well really suit 8p S3 just like the b5 rs4s suited the 8l.

Chris

Really smart looking car bud, the blue is stunning, love the rotas as well really suit 8p S3 just like the b5 rs4s suited the 8l.

Chris

Stunning and loving your choice of mods!!

I can't wait to see the eibachs on, as thats the route i'm going down as well! Should level ours out perfectly with hopefully retaining the OE ride quality!

Look forward to more updates!!!!!!!

7_zpsb871171e.jpg~original

Hey Muzza....

Absolutely love the back end now... Certainly beefed it up a bit eh!?

On the colour aspect tho.... Is that a black at the bottom on this... And if so would you say its a gloss black or more matt...

See this is the next project on my car... 'Rear valance' well after bonnet respray and paint correction (thats booked in for the end of the month) if i'm going gloss black with it, then its a gloss black B pillar vinyll for me aswell... Cheers in advance

Reactions: 45bvtc
so I was thinking the other day that I should take off my rear spoiler and paint the underside to match the rear valence like the RS3 spoiler. i haven't seen anyone do this yet and I thought it would be an attractive mod. Any thoughts?

I'm really interested to see the grille surround in alu I'd be tempted to do the same on mine.

where did you buy your eibach pro kit mate? Think this might be my choice of springs for my s3 instead of the H&R's. I cant justify the price of coilovers and only want to bring the front down a little as the rear arch sits nice IMO

Reactions: Hoesty
where did you buy your eibach pro kit mate? Think this might be my choice of springs for my s3 instead of the H&R's. I cant justify the price of coilovers and only want to bring the front down a little as the rear arch sits nice IMO

I agree with you man. After fitting 19"s I feel that only the fronts need to drop about 20-25mm

Gave the car a bit of a clean today as the weather was nice.

All comments welcome :)

Superb Muzza80, but I may be a tad biased...

RS3-0762_rip_zpsb44b6c76.jpg

And Lang Ma Yer Lum Reek...

Reactions: Muzza80 and S3_Jacko
I agree with you man. After fitting 19"s I feel that only the fronts need to drop about 20-25mm

Yeah totally just need to get the stance a little more flush not too concerned about slamming it! Just annoying the front looks although it's sitting a bit higher!

Hey Muzza....

On the colour aspect tho.... Is that a black at the bottom on this... And if so would you say its a gloss black or more matt...

See this is the next project on my car... 'Rear valance' well after bonnet respray and paint correction (thats booked in for the end of the month) if i'm going gloss black with it, then its a gloss black B pillar vinyll for me aswell... Cheers in advance

Mines the Cornflower blue with gloss black rear valance and chrome pipes S3_Jacko, and that works best for me. OK, so I've pulled the badges (just for fun! of course), but here's blue (one the same as Muzza's I'd guess) with silver and black rear valance - together:

8ff5e8fd-8ae6-4bd4-91fa-5e4a4848591b_zpse5acc9db.jpg

I think the 'black' valance visually lowers the car; but hey, don't ya just love the way the A3 Sportback looks anyway...

And sans badges, well it's just an OAP's road-going laugh :jester:

Reactions: S3_Jacko

Cheers in advance

Sure has mate yeah cheers that was the idea, it's gloss black.

so I was thinking the other day that I should take off my rear spoiler and paint the underside to match the rear valence like the RS3 spoiler. i haven't seen anyone do this yet and I thought it would be an attractive mod. Any thoughts?

I'm really interested to see the grille surround in alu I'd be tempted to do the same on mine.

I'll be wrapping both the above items, just received some vinyl samples and one is near enough a spot on match so going to order in a good bit more and have a pop at it in the not too distant.

MotorsportWorld - £139

Audi A3 Eibach Pro-Kit Springs - Discounts at Motorsport World

Superb Muzza80, but I may be a tad biased...
Mines the Cornflower blue with gloss black rear valance and chrome pipes S3_Jacko, and that works best for me. OK, so I've pulled the badges (just for fun! of course), but here's blue (one the same as Muzza's I'd guess) with silver and black rear valance - together:

I think the 'black' valance visually lowers the car; but hey, don't ya just love the way the A3 Sportback looks anyway...

Your car is stunning, been following your posts on the RS3 forum.

Never actually seen an RS3 in sprint blue either, looks lovely, who's car is that?

Last edited:
Reactions: 45bvtc
Deffo has to be gloss black(well in my opinion)

here's a pic of my rear

Reactions: S3_Jacko and OrkneyS3
Gogz love the black rear splitter, have been toying with the idea of doing my s3s grey bits a matte black to match the alloys, is there anyone on here that has a red s3 that has done this?

I've just been ordering up some samples of vinyl to try and get a good match of the colour of the wing mirrors and rear diffuser. I'm going to wrap the front splitter section and also the little top strip of the door handles like the RS3 matt alu styling pack has.

Also ordered some gloss black vinyl for the sections betweeen the doors (b pillars?) and the little triangle on the rear doors.
I had a bash at gloss back wrapping the b pillars and failed so ripped it off and took the paint off the b pillars so just gave in and ordered the gloss black pillars from the dealers was £85 for two great buy love gloss black highlights

So a couple of little mods done today :)

R8 oil cap:

IMG_20140318_150230965_zpsmpjn05ay.jpg~original

I'd also mentioned previously that I'd ordered up some samples of silver/alu vinyl wrap to use on some parts to replicate the optional "Matt Aluminium Styling Pack" that's available on the RS3.

Pleased to say that one of them is a perfect match for the wing mirrors and strip on the RS3 rear diffuser.

So next little mod was the door handle covers, on the RS3 alu pack the door handles have the upper strip in alu finish and I think it looks really good, unfortunately the covers with the strip are near £100 from Audi before painting the bottom section the cars main colour.

IMG_20140319_240524549_zpsqg31xqfp.jpg~original

IMG_20140319_012858170_zpsi4jxaq9i.jpg~original

So removed them and wrapped them, pretty easy job if a little fiddly to get bang on but I think they turned out great and the total cost was about 50p worth of vinyl.

Going to order a big sheet of the same stuff and do the front grille surround then the lower front splitter part, possibly the fog light rings too.

Reactions: Hoesty and warren_S5
they look great pal much cheapness too :) how did ya get the covers off? was it an easy job?

they look great pal much cheapness too :) how did ya get the covers off? was it an easy job?

Cheers! Yeah very easy there's a little lock clip that you pull back slightly then slide the cover to the right and it pops off, 30 seconds each :)

IMG_20140319_012858170_zpsi4jxaq9i.jpg~original

So removed them and wrapped them, pretty easy job if a little fiddly to get bang on but I think they turned out great and the total cost was about 50p worth of vinyl.

Going to order a big sheet of the same stuff and do the front grille surround then the lower front splitter part, possibly the fog light rings too.

That is a great little mod; top work. Nicely done too.

Your car is stunning, been following your posts on the RS3 forum.

Never actually seen an RS3 in sprint blue either, looks lovely, who's car is that?

thankyou-thank-you-thanks-ty-smiley-emoticon-000280-large-1qslyrz_zpsc9f4a37e.gif

The 'other' RS3 belonged to Moshops, recently replaced with an RS4 in Sprint blue: go see RS3 Forum "Its done. I'm official." post #80, 84 and 88.

Hello mte can you tell me if the Rs3 grill goes straight fit to 2010 reg 8p sport back cheers car look really nice.

That is a great little mod; top work. Nicely done too.

Cheers, yeah just a simple little mod but looks great on the car, will post some pics tomorrow.

I think these little details make all the difference.

Hello mte can you tell me if the Rs3 grill goes straight fit to 2010 reg 8p sport back cheers car look really nice.

Yes will fit right on there :)

Have to say your car is prob the best looking s3 I've seen...and that's coming from someone who is not a fan of loud colours on cars with class.

Have to say your car is prob the best looking s3 I've seen...and that's coming from someone who is not a fan of loud colours on cars with class.

Wow thanks, I'm not sure I agree but I'm glad it's getting the right sort of reaction :)

Muzza, have you not given thought to fitting the RS front bumper and wings... Not exactly a rep but will look ace!?

Maybe work in progress...?

Muzza, have you not given thought to fitting the RS front bumper and wings... Not exactly a rep but will look ace!?

Maybe work in progress...?

There's a few more key things I want to sort on it in the next month or two like a few cosmetic bits, brakes, MPSS tyres, springs & ALK fitted with a hunter alignment, dampers and perhaps an exhaust downpipe with sports cat to remove the restriction.

After that's done I just want to enjoy it for a while, get it on track a good few times over the summer and just try and kurb the spending a bit as we're trying to sell two flats and buy a house by the end of the year so money needs to go to that.

I plan keeping the car for another 4 years at least so don't want to go all out and do everything I can to the car in the first year of ownership (like I've done to my last 4 cars) then get bored after 18 months. So never say never but at this moment at least that's not something I plan doing to the car.

There's a few more key things I want to sort on it in the next month or two like a few cosmetic bits, brakes, MPSS tyres, springs & ALK fitted with a hunter alignment, dampers and perhaps an exhaust downpipe with sports cat to remove the restriction.

After that's done I just want to enjoy it for a while, get it on track a good few times over the summer and just try and kurb the spending a bit as we're trying to sell two flats and buy a house by the end of the year so money needs to go to that.

I plan keeping the car for another 4 years at least so don't want to go all out and do everything I can to the car in the first year of ownership (like I've done to my last 4 cars) then get bored after 18 months. So never say never but at this moment at least that's not something I plan doing to the car.

Definitely coming along nicely though... Nice little touches with the door handles... Its things like that and the thought process that goes into them is what I like... I.e using vinyll to achieve the look your after......

I'm only planning keeping mine another year and wanted it done sharpish so I can enjoy it for a while if you know what I mean... Might end up keeping it a little longer if i'm really happy with it... Oh and on another note.. Ended up going with the philips xenstart bulbs as we previously talked about so thanks for the advice... Might still keep an eye out for the osrams.. Sinking too much money into the car at the moment on other things, this was the last thing I needed ha so mid-quality range will do for now :)

So did a little more vinyl wrapping last night and very pleased with the results.

For those that don't know MY11 on S3's and RS3's have gloss black b-pillars and the little triangle on the rear door frame. My car being MY10 didnt and it was a grey matt finish which is not really very pretty to look at.

So thought I'd have a pop at wrapping them in 3M Scotchprint gloss black vinyl.

IMG_20140320_203319537_zpsrib9avwy.jpg~original

IMG_20140320_212413520_zpskezwdocu.jpg~original

IMG_20140320_220206724_zps56vrqidk.jpg~original

I had to do the rear triangles on the car which was tricky but I think they turned out really good.

You can also now see the alu/silver strips I did to the upper of the door handles too which I really like :)

IMG_20140321_132657543_zpsnl71wdkt.jpg~original

As always, all comments or questions welcome :)

Cheers!

Reactions: gogz s3 and warren_S5
Looks good buddy... Nice subtle difference! Easy enough to remove the B pillars... I'd imagine 3dr would be similar process...!?

The SB is easy, off with a little cover at the bottom and two torx screws on each.

The 3 door is a little harder as they're riveted on so you need to drill them out then replace the rivets.

The SB is easy, off with a little cover at the bottom and two torx screws on each.

The 3 door is a little harder as they're riveted on so you need to drill them out then replace the rivets.

Ouch... I'll have a look... Wrapped the B pillars of my old 1 while still on the car... Might be a case of the same with this 1... Would rather remove them but still get a good enough finish on the car... The weather is the problem tho as you know

I really struggled to wrap the sides did you do it in 2 stages and do the sides first then the front or did u do it in a oner ? I ended up just buying the pillars gloss black