JMB RetrofitsMonster Motorsport
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: RS3 grill Group Buy

Boycie

Status
    To save me looking through the whole thread guys, how much is the black RS3 grill?

2. # ADS
    ADS

no smoke without poke

Status
    £220
    Boydie likes this.

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Total price Boydie is £220 all in including delivery if mainland UK. If you want one mate drop me a PM.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

Reverse Gear

Status
    Do they do the RS3 grill without the number plate holder part?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCopter View Post
    Do they do the RS3 grill without the number plate holder part?
    It's removable anyway mate I removed mine.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by martin_s3 View Post
    It's removable anyway mate I removed mine.
    awesome! didn't know that, is it removable and also able to be put back on? i.e does removing it leave any marks or scuffs?

Neutral

Status
    No it's only held on with 3 screws so can put it on and off as many times as u like.

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow R90 STL On Twitter Add R90 STL on Facebook Visit R90 STL's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoesty View Post
    I'll be attempting to add the protector back once I get some Parking sensor brackets. Didn't think about painting the bar at the time and don't like how the chrome bar is exposed. I took some daylight photos no filter

Attachment 30193

Attachment 30194
    Wow where did u get these wheels? I must have them haha!!!
    Audi A3 Black Edition 2.0 Tdi DSG - Black Audi rings - Private plate - RS3 grill - C Quartz ceramic coating - Stage 1 remap - 50mm H&R Springs - SOLD

MY11​ Imola Yellow S3 - Black Edition - DSG - RNS-E - Sunroof - RS3 grill - H&R 25mm springs - Shark Performance stage 1

1st Gear

Status

RS3 grill Group Buy

Quote Originally Posted by R90 STL View Post
    Wow where did u get these wheels? I must have them haha!!!
    Hey man I got em from here but they're in Australia. Might help you find some where you're from by checking out the link. Love em cos they're still very unique where
    I am. They're rs4 2013 reps. I've only em in 20" on an rs4 last Friday and the concave is mad deep. Concave still isn't too bad on my 19"s. The offset on mine are E45, the rears will rub over unexpected dips and bumps at high speeds when 3 grown adults in the car, rolling the guards could rid that but doesn't bother me. You will need hub rings to complete the fit and avoid vibrations at high speed. Hope it helps mate.

http://bit.ly/1kZsnIu

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow R90 STL On Twitter Add R90 STL on Facebook Visit R90 STL's Instagram Channel
    Hey man I got em from here but they're in Australia. Might help you find some where you're from by checking out the link. Love em cos they're still very unique where
    I am. They're rs4 2013 reps. I've only em in 20" on an rs4 last Friday and the concave is mad deep. Concave still isn't too bad on my 19"s. The offset on mine are E45, the rears will rub over unexpected dips and bumps at high speeds when 3 grown adults in the car, rolling the guards could rid that but doesn't bother me. You will need hub rings to complete the fit and avoid vibrations at high speed. Hope it helps mate.

http://bit.ly/1kZsnIu
    They look brilliant it's probably the only 19" OEM style wheels that I like. I had seen these wheels on eBay but was a bit dubious as they are reps heard some mixed opinions on doing replica wheels but it's the only way I'll be able to get this style of wheel! They really are stunning though. What's your experience of the reps?
    Audi A3 Black Edition 2.0 Tdi DSG - Black Audi rings - Private plate - RS3 grill - C Quartz ceramic coating - Stage 1 remap - 50mm H&R Springs - SOLD

MY11​ Imola Yellow S3 - Black Edition - DSG - RNS-E - Sunroof - RS3 grill - H&R 25mm springs - Shark Performance stage 1

1st Gear

Status

RS3 grill Group Buy

I haven't matched them in person to see the differences from AM to oem 19". Only had em on for just over a month. There's plenty of clearance for the fronts for full lock. Lowering the rear and front wouldn't be ideal. The only problem I have is taking extra caution when parking near curbs coz the wheel rim poke out of the tyres by about 2mm plus the wheel and tyres itself do poke out of the wheel arches just enough for an aggressive look, sometimes feels like a first world issue haha. Had another set of reps diff style on my a3 for a year and no drama. What have u heard about reps?

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

I haven't matched them in person to see the differences from AM to oem 19". Only had em on for just over a month. There's plenty of clearance for the fronts for full lock. Lowering the rear and front wouldn't be ideal. The only problem I have is taking extra caution when parking near curbs coz the wheel rim poke out of the tyres by about 2mm plus the wheel and tyres itself do poke out of the wheel arches just enough for an aggressive look, sometimes feels like a first world issue haha. Had another set of reps diff style on my a3 for a year and no drama. What have u heard about reps?
    Yeah I'd be pretty scared to damage any wheel but those especially! It most certainly is a first world issue lol. Just that they are more prone to cracking and are just generally weaker in comparison to OEM. That's the only thing putting me off

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by R90 STL View Post
    Yeah I'd be pretty scared to damage any wheel but those especially! It most certainly is a first world issue lol. Just that they are more prone to cracking and are just generally weaker in comparison to OEM. That's the only thing putting me off
    Haha yeah that's true, but the stock wheels on the s3 def sat in the arches a lot more which makes it a little less to worry about when parking near curbs. That's fair enough, I guess you get what you pay for in the end. Still kept my 18" stock wheels if ish were to hit the fan, but let's hope that won't happen.

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Haha yeah that's true, but the stock wheels on the s3 def sat in the arches a lot more which makes it a little less to worry about when parking near curbs. That's fair enough, I guess you get what you pay for in the end. Still kept my 18" stock wheels if ish were to hit the fan, but let's hope that won't happen.
    The chances of getting genuine ones are not looking good tho who would want to sell such sexy wheels and the asking price is going to be scary. Might need to go with the reps in the end. Got some thinking to do haha. Thanks for your help mate

1st Gear

Status
    There's a member on OzAudi who wants to sell his, coming off the A3 sedan 8V which he's still waiting for, But then shipping for you would be zZzZzz. Go reps and buy a spare one for a back up haha. No prob, send me a pic if u do fit em.

Reverse Gear

Status
    i read all the thread, i have an s3 facelift with park sensor front, the fixations for them are included on the rs3 grill or not all? if some one can put a picture if they equipped for...please

1st Gear

Status
    Not on the rs3 grille the front sensor fixations are NOT there.

1st Gear

Status
    You can buy the fixations though that simply push in the grille

Reverse Gear

Status
    ah ok, thanks Jay.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ndee97 View Post
    i read all the thread, i have an s3 facelift with park sensor front, the fixations for them are included on the rs3 grill or not all? if some one can put a picture if they equipped for...please
    I'm awaiting for Xenon UK to get some rs3 sensor brackets. It's been about 3 weeks but I have found some other sensor brackets I will try in the meantime. They should be delivered this week. I'll let you know how they go and do a DIY for you.

Reverse Gear

Status
    yes Hoesty, when you receive that please show me with pictures etc..thanks mate!

2nd Gear

Status
    I'm awaiting for Xenon UK to get some rs3 sensor brackets. It's been about 3 weeks but I have found some other sensor brackets I will try in the meantime. They should be delivered this week. I'll let you know how they go and do a DIY for you.
    I'm in the same boat, I'd love to buy a front grill, but nice to know if the front sensors will still be functional

1st Gear

Status

RS3 grill Group Buy

The sensors brackets arrived yesterday, attempting the install tomorrow and fitting the foam / spraying the chrome crash bar black (whatever one I decide with when it's off)

Keep us special front sensor kids posted

Edit: incase you want to know, disconnecting the 2 front grille sensors disables all PDC sensors and won't work at all, but no errors.

Reverse Gear

Status
    so Hoestly, have you a picture of the results?

1st Gear

Status

RS3 grill Group Buy

Quote Originally Posted by ndee97 View Post
    so Hoestly, have you a picture of the results?
    Attempting today (I'm in Australia and it's Sunday now morning now, just got home from partyin, time to nap then DIY time )

Keep ya posted

1st Gear

Status

RS3 grill Group Buy

Ok anyone with park assist sensors on front s3 grille, this may be useful for you if you plan to fit the rs3 grille.

1. Firstly I purchased 2 of these sensor brackets of eBay. They are for BMW but honestly they are the only ones I could come across and they do the job with some cable ties as you will see below and without using the 3M tape that comes with it.

eBay product link
    http://bit.ly/1s6vEKe

2. Here is a few test fit photos with using black cable ties to hold the brackets into place. The black cable ties camo nicely on the front of the mesh grille.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397379454.448857.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397379637.852732.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397379658.588167.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397379682.008268.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397379763.723289.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397379793.353319.jpg

3. After putting the bumper on temporarily with the 3 screws under the hood, I took it for a test drive to ensure park assist works fine, and all was good.

Here's some pics with final stages of the fit:

I used black tape to black out the bracket, but I suggest spraying it the same colour as your grille rather than doing this. I will attempt to color/spray the exposed tape gloss black another time without removing the bumper.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397380215.207425.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397380344.160720.jpg

As the sensors don't lock in with the BMW brackets all that well, I used a couple other cable ties to ensure they are locked in the bracket and won't fall out.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397380369.383363.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397380478.109856.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397380700.935646.jpg

You may need to cut the foam for your crash bar to make a clearance for the sensor brackets. You don't want any force on the harness wires so I did this to avoid that from occurring.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397380679.589518.jpg

4. Final fit, pleased with the result. As mentioned above ill colour spray the bracket a nice gloss black to blend in more with the grille as you can see colour difference slightly. I will also find out if I can color the sensor from silver to black with a small coat of spray paint.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397380908.913968.jpg

Productive DIY day.

Hope you find this helpful if you go with this procedure or find other ways to mount the brackets.
    Last edited by Hoesty; 13th April 2014 at 12:53.

Reverse Gear

Status
    oh good idea Hoesty, thanks for the DIY and pictures...

1st Gear

Status
    anybody got a black edition grill for sale now they have 1 of these ?

living the dream

Status

My Social Networking

Follow C6 DRN On Twitter Add C6 DRN on Facebook Visit C6 DRN's Youtube Channel Visit C6 DRN's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by foxymk1 View Post
    anybody got a black edition grill for sale now they have 1 of these ?
    How much you offering for it?
    Audi S3 | DSG | Black Edition | Quattro | Heko Wind Deflectors | Heated Leather Seats | Bose | RNSE | Cruise Control | Sunroof | Electric Mirrors | Armrest | 6k Miles
    WAAAAAAP TSSSSS

Shark Performance In Scotland

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Brodster On Twitter Add Brodster on Facebook
    Zee actually has the proper PDC brackets in stock now as 2 sets of them have been sent to NHN as he bought 2 grills.
    Angelwax/BBS/BCS/Bilstein/Cobra/CTS Turbo/DTUK/H&R/K-Sport/KW/Loba/Milltek/Shark Performance/Oz Racing/TPI/VCDS/V-Maxx/Vossen/Wagner

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by C6 DRN View Post
    How much you offering for it?
    messaged you mate

1st Gear

Status

RS3 grill Group Buy

OEM aluminium pack RS3 grille available...
    foxymk1 and Hoesty like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodster View Post
    Zee actually has the proper PDC brackets in stock now as 2 sets of them have been sent to NHN as he bought 2 grills.
    That's good news for new buyers but took too long for me, OCD.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Have I missed the group buy?

5th Gear

Status
    Has anyone got any of the hex plate holders going spare!? Need 2 of them....

Cheers mucho
    Audi history... Brilliant Red 2.0tfsi Quattro, Sprint Blue S3...

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JayA3sline View Post
    OEM aluminium pack RS3 grille available...
    Hey jay are you still selling your aluminium rs3 grille?

1st Gear

Status
    Hey jay are you still selling your aluminium rs3 grille?
    Sold sorry

2nd Gear

Status
    Need to save some pennys this month, hopefully the end of next il get one bought

1st Gear

Status
    Ok man thx

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910