RS3 grill Group Buy

Do they do the RS3 grill without the number plate holder part?

No it's only held on with 3 screws so can put it on and off as many times as u like.

I'll be attempting to add the protector back once I get some Parking sensor brackets. Didn't think about painting the bar at the time and don't like how the chrome bar is exposed. I took some daylight photos no filter

View attachment 30193
9agyreta.jpg

View attachment 30194

Wow where did u get these wheels? I must have them haha!!!

Wow where did u get these wheels? I must have them haha!!!

Hey man I got em from here but they're in Australia. Might help you find some where you're from by checking out the link. Love em cos they're still very unique where
I am. They're rs4 2013 reps. I've only em in 20" on an rs4 last Friday and the concave is mad deep. Concave still isn't too bad on my 19"s. The offset on mine are E45, the rears will rub over unexpected dips and bumps at high speeds when 3 grown adults in the car, rolling the guards could rid that but doesn't bother me. You will need hub rings to complete the fit and avoid vibrations at high speed. Hope it helps mate.

http://bit.ly/1kZsnIu

Hey man I got em from here but they're in Australia. Might help you find some where you're from by checking out the link. Love em cos they're still very unique where
I am. They're rs4 2013 reps. I've only em in 20" on an rs4 last Friday and the concave is mad deep. Concave still isn't too bad on my 19"s. The offset on mine are E45, the rears will rub over unexpected dips and bumps at high speeds when 3 grown adults in the car, rolling the guards could rid that but doesn't bother me. You will need hub rings to complete the fit and avoid vibrations at high speed. Hope it helps mate.

http://bit.ly/1kZsnIu

They look brilliant it's probably the only 19" OEM style wheels that I like. I had seen these wheels on eBay but was a bit dubious as they are reps heard some mixed opinions on doing replica wheels but it's the only way I'll be able to get this style of wheel! They really are stunning though. What's your experience of the reps?

I haven't matched them in person to see the differences from AM to oem 19". Only had em on for just over a month. There's plenty of clearance for the fronts for full lock. Lowering the rear and front wouldn't be ideal. The only problem I have is taking extra caution when parking near curbs coz the wheel rim poke out of the tyres by about 2mm plus the wheel and tyres itself do poke out of the wheel arches just enough for an aggressive look, sometimes feels like a first world issue haha. Had another set of reps diff style on my a3 for a year and no drama. What have u heard about reps?

I haven't matched them in person to see the differences from AM to oem 19". Only had em on for just over a month. There's plenty of clearance for the fronts for full lock. Lowering the rear and front wouldn't be ideal. The only problem I have is taking extra caution when parking near curbs coz the wheel rim poke out of the tyres by about 2mm plus the wheel and tyres itself do poke out of the wheel arches just enough for an aggressive look, sometimes feels like a first world issue haha. Had another set of reps diff style on my a3 for a year and no drama. What have u heard about reps?

Yeah I'd be pretty scared to damage any wheel but those especially! It most certainly is a first world issue lol. Just that they are more prone to cracking and are just generally weaker in comparison to OEM. That's the only thing putting me off

Yeah I'd be pretty scared to damage any wheel but those especially! It most certainly is a first world issue lol. Just that they are more prone to cracking and are just generally weaker in comparison to OEM. That's the only thing putting me off

Haha yeah that's true, but the stock wheels on the s3 def sat in the arches a lot more which makes it a little less to worry about when parking near curbs. That's fair enough, I guess you get what you pay for in the end. Still kept my 18" stock wheels if ish were to hit the fan, but let's hope that won't happen.

Haha yeah that's true, but the stock wheels on the s3 def sat in the arches a lot more which makes it a little less to worry about when parking near curbs. That's fair enough, I guess you get what you pay for in the end. Still kept my 18" stock wheels if ish were to hit the fan, but let's hope that won't happen.

The chances of getting genuine ones are not looking good tho who would want to sell such sexy wheels and the asking price is going to be scary. Might need to go with the reps in the end. Got some thinking to do haha. Thanks for your help mate

There's a member on OzAudi who wants to sell his, coming off the A3 sedan 8V which he's still waiting for, But then shipping for you would be zZzZzz. Go reps and buy a spare one for a back up haha. No prob, send me a pic if u do fit em.

i read all the thread, i have an s3 facelift with park sensor front, the fixations for them are included on the rs3 grill or not all? if some one can put a picture if they equipped for...please

Not on the rs3 grille the front sensor fixations are NOT there.

You can buy the fixations though that simply push in the grille

i read all the thread, i have an s3 facelift with park sensor front, the fixations for them are included on the rs3 grill or not all? if some one can put a picture if they equipped for...please

I'm awaiting for Xenon UK to get some rs3 sensor brackets. It's been about 3 weeks but I have found some other sensor brackets I will try in the meantime. They should be delivered this week. I'll let you know how they go and do a DIY for you.

yes Hoesty, when you receive that please show me with pictures etc..thanks mate!

I'm awaiting for Xenon UK to get some rs3 sensor brackets. It's been about 3 weeks but I have found some other sensor brackets I will try in the meantime. They should be delivered this week. I'll let you know how they go and do a DIY for you.

I'm in the same boat, I'd love to buy a front grill, but nice to know if the front sensors will still be functional :)

The sensors brackets arrived yesterday, attempting the install tomorrow and fitting the foam / spraying the chrome crash bar black (whatever one I decide with when it's off)

Keep us special front sensor kids posted

Edit: incase you want to know, disconnecting the 2 front grille sensors disables all PDC sensors and won't work at all, but no errors.

Ok anyone with park assist sensors on front s3 grille, this may be useful for you if you plan to fit the rs3 grille.

1. Firstly I purchased 2 of these sensor brackets of eBay. They are for BMW but honestly they are the only ones I could come across and they do the job with some cable ties as you will see below and without using the 3M tape that comes with it.

eBay product link
http://bit.ly/1s6vEKe

2. Here is a few test fit photos with using black cable ties to hold the brackets into place. The black cable ties camo nicely on the front of the mesh grille.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397379454448857
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397379637852732
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397379658588167
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397379682008268
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397379763723289
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397379793353319

3. After putting the bumper on temporarily with the 3 screws under the hood, I took it for a test drive to ensure park assist works fine, and all was good.

Here's some pics with final stages of the fit:

I used black tape to black out the bracket, but I suggest spraying it the same colour as your grille rather than doing this. I will attempt to color/spray the exposed tape gloss black another time without removing the bumper.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397380215207425
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397380344160720

As the sensors don't lock in with the BMW brackets all that well, I used a couple other cable ties to ensure they are locked in the bracket and won't fall out.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397380369383363
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397380478109856
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397380700935646

You may need to cut the foam for your crash bar to make a clearance for the sensor brackets. You don't want any force on the harness wires so I did this to avoid that from occurring.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397380679589518

4. Final fit, pleased with the result. As mentioned above ill colour spray the bracket a nice gloss black to blend in more with the grille as you can see colour difference slightly. I will also find out if I can color the sensor from silver to black with a small coat of spray paint.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1397380908913968

Productive DIY day.

Hope you find this helpful if you go with this procedure or find other ways to mount the brackets.

Last edited:
Reactions: isimpoi
anybody got a black edition grill for sale now they have 1 of these ?

OEM aluminium pack RS3 grille available...
3a4agaqy.jpg

Reactions: Hoesty and foxymk1
Has anyone got any of the hex plate holders going spare!? Need 2 of them....

Cheers mucho

Need to save some pennys this month, hopefully the end of next il get one bought :)