Miltek Cat back Almost disappointed

Matthaden

Reaction score
Hi just a question had my S3 2 weeks now and decided to invest in a Miltek cat back exhaust big box delivered today big smiles had it fitted at work but rather then being a cat back i imagined this would literally be butted up to the cat almost the new sections start just around the rear set section. Its a non res system so was expecting it to be fruity shall we say but its not that much more notable than the standard exhaust. Does anyone know if its possible to replace the 1st silencer and diverter pipe thingy and will this make much of a difference without replacing the whole down pipe and fitting a sports cat?

I can't help you so sorry! But i'm really shocked at not much difference like yourself thought it would be very noticeable

Cheers

I cant see how a cat back system would make much difference as your only really changing the back box.

You really need a Turbo Back Exhaust for a very noticeable difference.

I cant see how a cat back system would make much difference as your only really changing the back box.

You really need a Turbo Back Exhaust for a very noticeable difference.

Absolutely right.....the most restrictive parts of the S3 exhaust are in the sections nearest to the turbo,but you won't get much in the way of gains until the car is remapped.

You could take the front pipe off and knock out the pre-cat,gains are supposed to be 7-15 bhp rumoured but it will help with spool response times and keeping turbo temps down,plus doesnt effect the mot