Heater Blowers Problem.

blodderz

Reaction score
Hello,

Ive had this problem for a short while now and it hasn't really bothered me but I think it's time to get it fixed. I've noticed when I've got my heaters set to 'HI' they never really get that hot, for example after a 30mins drive to work with the heaters on 'HI' and blowers set to max the cabin never really warms up much, and the blowers don't seem too powerful. Has anyone else experience this?

A few pointers to note are the ECON light won't turn off, it is constantly illuminated and also my temp gauges never moves.

Thanks,
Andy

Sounds like the thermostat is stuck open, but saying that i have never known the dash gauge to not move at the same time, unless, the CTS sender is bust too.
Does the dash gauge go up if stationary?

Best get the car scanned for a better idea of whats wrong.

Does sound like a dodgy thermostat though.

Sounds like the thermostat is stuck open, but saying that i have never known the dash gauge to not move at the same time, unless, the CTS sender is bust too.
Does the dash gauge go up if stationary?

Nope, temperature gauge on the dash never moves at all. ECON light is always illuminated and won't turn off.

Nope, temperature gauge on the dash never moves at all. ECON light is always illuminated and won't turn off.

Unusual for it to be both at the same time, but certainly looks like it in your case.

Unusual for it to be both at the same time, but certainly looks like it in your case.

Had a quick look on the internet and people are suggesting a check the following two things

1. Temperature Sensor
2. Thermostat

Looked up both parts and can get both for £15 delivered, for the sake of this both parts will be purchased and I'll fit them on thursday and report back with my results. Thanks again for all your help!

Reactions: LEE69
I'd only be using genuine parts they are critical to the running of the car.

I'd only be using genuine parts they are critical to the running of the car.

Both parts sourced from europarts.co.uk

Had a little look into the ECON light and going to try getting it re-gassed from kwikfit, if this doesn't work then it looks like I need a new G65 sensor which is around £50!

Ok, heard of failures but you'll hear of them anywhere.Let us know how it goes.