My S3 thread

br20vt

Reaction score
Been looking through a few build threads on here and thought id share mine as ive been on here for a while now.

Owned it for around a year now, 58 plate facelift model with Recaros, DRL's, parking sensors etc.
IMG_1556.jpg

Started off by changing the wheels a few times & some H&R springs :blahblah1:

IMG_2355.jpg

1002273_10151682109945937_191450251_n.jpg

I then had the front plate recess smoothed and front splitter / rear diffuser painted gloss black (Dont know why Audi leave these grey as standard, it looks awful imo!)
IMG_2183.jpg

Had a Milltek cbe and ITG intake fitted along with a Forge DV and pcv revamp kit.. love the chatter from the filter/dv combination.

The springs didnt give the drop i was looking for (as expected) so i was debating coilovers however after owning a few lowered cars i didnt fancy smashing this one off the floor too much! I spoke with a few people who have used air suspension but was worried about it handling like a boat, however Airlift developed a kit with performance struts so the handling wasnt compromised so i opted for these & cant really fault them!
On its winter wheels
IMG_4691.jpg

IMG_3130.jpg

Also fitted an RS3 Grill
IMG_4789.jpg

Got some more plans happening soon & recently got my hands on some S63 AMG wheels.
Thats all for now.
cheers

Reactions: mister.c.
Really like it mate great car. Question about the air ride you say it has performance struts so does it handle like a normal s3 when at the right height?

Really like it mate great car. Question about the air ride you say it has performance struts so does it handle like a normal s3 when at the right height?

Cheers man, yeh it handles the same / if not better than when i had the H&R springs fitted. The struts are camber / dampening adjustable too

Looks great, never been a fan of air ride. Always kind of followed a function over form path when modding cars i've owned but each to their own. Looks cool though, Absolutely love the RS3 grill.. Easily one of the best mods to do to an S3 imo.

Looks good but if I saw an RS3 badge on a 3dr, i'd assume it's just a lower model with some cosmetic mods

Reactions: s3_trev
Looks great, never been a fan of air ride. Always kind of followed a function over form path when modding cars i've owned but each to their own. Looks cool though, Absolutely love the RS3 grill.. Easily one of the best mods to do to an S3 imo.
Cheers mate, I used to think that until i tried this setup and its no different to on my springs, and the look on peoples faces is priceless.

Looks good but if I saw an RS3 badge on a 3dr, i'd assume it's just a lower model with some cosmetic mods
Yeh i might modify the badge

Looks great mate... How did you go about smoothing the number plate holder on the grill

And the mk2 TT alloys... how did you find the car sat on them being so wide? And I must say, the C63 Alloys are my personal favourite on the S3 but 1st thing i'd don was to Blank off the Merc badge from the centre caps :)

All in all, really like it.... try post some more pics of the merc wheels on it for me please :thumbsup:

Cheers mate, a local body shop smoothed the plate recess.
They arent TT wheels mate they are Squared SC1's, but did get the odd bit of rubbing with them being ET35.

Cheers mate, a local body shop smoothed the plate recess.
They arent TT wheels mate they are Squared SC1's, but did get the odd bit of rubbing with them being ET35.

Very true... Had another glance at them there, but very similar

Very nice car mate.. What allloys are these??

Helios mate as said below off a VW Phaeton. Just realised your from Middlesbrough, think ive saw your car around Acklam a few times?

Reactions: Oggy-s3
Looks good matey, I'm from Middlesbrough I've not seen you about. What do you do with the front plate?

Helios mate as said below off a VW Phaeton. Just realised your from Middlesbrough, think ive saw your car around Acklam a few times?

Thanks alot. Yea i got the car from Acklam car center! I'm from eston! I havnt seen you around! Is still sat on air?

Looks good matey, I'm from Middlesbrough I've not seen you about. What do you do with the front plate?

Same mate, I didnt have one on for a while but ive just tie-wrapped one on for now. Just read your thread, i'm thinking of the SMF kit myself, wouldnt mind hearing yours running when its fitted?

Thanks alot. Yea i got the car from Acklam car center! I'm from eston! I havnt seen you around! Is still sat on air?

I'm from Marton, been working a lot lately so hardly been out in it. Yeh its on air

Same mate, I didnt have one on for a while but ive just tie-wrapped one on for now. Just read your thread, i'm thinking of the SMF kit myself, wouldnt mind hearing yours running when its fitted?

I used to get pulled for plates on my old car mind, Cleveland police are a nightmare. I fit it last weekend matey, I've done about 1000 miles since so its bedded in now I've got a unit down on riverside park i'll be down there most of Saturday if you want to pop down.

I used to get pulled for plates on my old car mind, Cleveland police are a nightmare. I fit it last weekend matey, I've done about 1000 miles since so its bedded in now I've got a unit down on riverside park i'll be down there most of Saturday if you want to pop down.

Ah nice one, im working saturday so wont be able to, ill definitely pop down one weekend though.

Love the way this looks on air fella! :thumbsup:

Tempted into buying some Squared SC1s for mine.
I know you said you got the odd bit of rubbing, but how did they sit?
Were they quite flush or did you get a bit of poke?

Then again, looks pretty sweet on just the standard S3 wheels.

Love the way this looks on air fella! :thumbsup:

Tempted into buying some Squared SC1s for mine.
I know you said you got the odd bit of rubbing, but how did they sit?
Were they quite flush or did you get a bit of poke?

Then again, looks pretty sweet on just the standard S3 wheels.

Cheers mate, think i used 225 tyres on mine. A small bit of poke but nothing major, they do an ET45 version which would suit the S3 much better IMO and probably stop the rubbing. I think they are on sale now actually

Love it!! Gonna upgrade though one of these soon I hope :)

Agree with modifying the RS3 badge though .....

Nice one man. I enjoyed my rs3 badge for a few weeks before replacing it with one of these. Letters peel off pretty easy off the rs3 badge backing (mines the rep xenon uk one)

Letters are slightly bigger but do fill up the badge backing nicely.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251348205779

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399329409372604

Havent updated this thread in a while now as i was set on selling the S3 and getting a TTRS / RS5 however 2+ has made me decide to keep it! Heres a few pictures from a few shows last year.
IMG 4429

IMG 4338

Future plans are a full detail after all this rubbish weather we've been having & possibly an interior re-vamp.

Reactions: S3_Jacko and Doogie...