Deposit on 170 S Line but feels like a 140

markm,

Reaction score
Website
www.amtuning.uk
Hi all

ive just put a deposit on a 170 bhp s line Quattro , the dvla say its a 170 based on the tax which is £125 per year, but it feels like a 140 if I compare it to my wife's 170 bhp, the only difference is hers is a 57 plate with 66k on the clock and mine will be 2010 with 30k

the engines look the same from what I can tell on Google, how can I tell if it's got a 140 engine in and the dvla is wrong ?

Cheers

Hi all

ive just put a deposit on a 170 bhp s line Quattro , the dvla say its a 170 based on the tax which is £125 per year, but it feels like a 140 if I compare it to my wife's 170 bhp, the only difference is hers is a 57 plate with 66k on the clock and mine will be 2010 with 30k

the engines look the same from what I can tell on Google, how can I tell if it's got a 140 engine in and the dvla is wrong ?

Cheers

is hers a quattro as well? Quattros will feel more clinical, stable and "not as fast".

You can ring up audi and confirm the power, just have the vin number ready.

Or check the engine code.

Just called the dealer and the the HPI says 170! Said it was wrong and now have the VIN and CFG003312 for the engine code

anyone know how I can confirm this is a 140 ?

Just looked at my wife's car and her filler cap is top left ,this so called 170 is top right, same as pictures of other 140's on google !

I thought you could only get the quattro with the 170 diesel?

Could one be PD and one CR? They drive quite differently. Just a thought.

I've been told that Audi the engine mid 2010. the car I'm looking at is a Sept 2010 so I guess it could be a CR not PD ?, does any one have a CR 170 engine that can confirm the oil filler is top right hand side of the engine ?

CFGB is a 170bhp engine.

audi vw skoda seat cfgb cfg 2.0 tdi 170 bhp engine and injectors | eBay

Is your wifes car a quattro? There is a nice weight difference and extra transmission loss with the quattro system.
Even if they are both quattro the reduced road tax comes from less co2 output, which quite often means less fuel finding it's way into the cylinders so inferior performance.Especially at lower RPM.

Karl.

hi Karl

both Quattro's , one is a 57 plate with 66k on the clock and the one I test drove today was a 60 plate with 33K on the clock. looking at that link they gave me CFG as the engine code so looks like the same engine, it cant have been "run" then thats all I can say LOL, the delivery is so different i would say they are totally different engines

Mines a 2WD 170 - it would be awesome if it was Quattro, I'm certain it's not though!

Sorry I mean the quattro is only available with the 170 engine and not the 140. I also have a 2wd 170 lol

57 plate is PD
60 plate is CR

they are a totally different engine

As above the drive is very different. The PD has that old skool kick where as the CR is just very smooth; probably too smooth....

57 plate is PD
60 plate is CR

they are a totally different engine

As above the drive is very different. The PD has that old skool kick where as the CR is just very smooth; probably too smooth....

Think you could be right, I found list of engine codes and its the 170.. damn cant believe the difference lol, any way to make the CR have more old skool kick ? they are like chalk and cheese the way the power comes in

Think you could be right, I found list of engine codes and its the 170.. damn cant believe the difference lol, any way to make the CR have more old skool kick ? they are like chalk and cheese the way the power comes in

Well i own a 57 plate 170 so I think I know how they drive :p

Remap is the only way. Its an ECU out job........

PD 44 mpg CO2 173 g/km
CR 50 mpg C02 148 g/km

The fuel savings and reduced co2 have to come from somewhere, The car is optimised for the driving cycle test, which isn't similar to real world driving. A remap would sort that out.

Karl.

PD 44 mpg CO2 173 g/km
CR 50 mpg C02 148 g/km

The fuel savings and reduced co2 have to come from somewhere, The car is optimised for the driving cycle test, which isn't similar to real world driving. A remap would sort that out.

Karl.

My PD is 151g/km. Thats what it says on my tax reminder

Think the CR engine produces less than 148???

I'm pretty sure most Quattros were actually 140's rather than 170's.

As for the engines, the CR is leagues ahead in terms of refinement, while you don't feel the same 'surge' that you would with the PD lump & it does feel very different, but the CR engines are in no way lacking in power or down on power compared to the PD. The way the CR delivers its power is much much smoother which gives the illusion it doesn't have as much kick.

Reactions: Rhyso
I've just purchased a 2010 60 plate quattro 170 oil filler cap top right

Reactions: markm,
Yes, the CR puts out exactly the same torque and power as the PD engine, but without sounding like a cement mixer whilst doing it.

Oil filler changed a lot with variants, I wouldn't base much on that.

Perhaps it's like the BMW 2.0D engine, they don't feel all that quick or responsive despite claimed power figures.

Well I've just come from an st focus 300bhp and to be honest the power delivery in 2nd 3rd is pretty good specially with the quattro I mean its not as fast straight line speed but makes up for it in the bends just sticks to the road not as neck snapping as the st but id describe the delivery as smooth and constant

Yes, the CR puts out exactly the same torque and power as the PD engine, but without sounding like a cement mixer whilst doing it.

Oil filler changed a lot with variants, I wouldn't base much on that.

Perhaps it's like the BMW 2.0D engine, they don't feel all that quick or responsive despite claimed power figures.

Think your right mate, my wife's PD kicks you in the back, but the on I drove just didn't seem to have the same punch, I guest ironed it twice with the sales guy lol

looks like it needs a remap :undwech:

Sorry I mean the quattro is only available with the 170 engine and not the 140. I also have a 2wd 170 lol

There are 140 quattros, or was it something stopped on the facelift versions?

My PD is 151g/km. Thats what it says on my tax reminder

Think the CR engine produces less than 148???

Is yours a quattro ? As this is getting confusing some people are talking about FWD cars others quattros.