rear tailgate lights

southylad

Reaction score
What is it that holds the rear tailgate lights in? I have changed the main units they have the usual obvious nut behind but I cant see what is holding the tailgate units in

Not very clear on that unless you zoom in, remove the connector and there is a nut to remove, it's hidden a bit under the loom in the picture

Cheers for that got them changed but I did drop one of the big plastic nuts down the back off the trim when changing the main units cant see how to get at it

Pretty sure you can't, you'll be needing a new one

My rear light clusters feel a bit loose and every now and againi push them forwards and they seem to seat themselves better.

Wonder if there's a mounting bolt missing on mine too?

Surely they should move a little like this?

This is a 3 door hatch 8PA btw.

David

All done and coded in working fine thanks for all help and advice, the codeing was not to hard to do in the end eh

My rear light clusters feel a bit loose and every now and againi push them forwards and they seem to seat themselves better.

Wonder if there's a mounting bolt missing on mine too?

Surely they should move a little like this?

This is a 3 door hatch 8PA btw.

David

Mines the sportback and are tight and no movement at all.

All done and coded in working fine thanks for all help and advice, the codeing was not to hard to do in the end eh

Nope, just looks a bit daunting messing with the cars coding.

Reactions: southylad
Nope, just looks a bit daunting messing with the cars coding.

thats right mate a bit scary but I copied original long code just incase and then made changes and worked great first time so I was well chuffed cheers again for your advice mate I just need to order a new plastic nut and gromet , I put a normal nut on for now but the plastic one is long and easier to get at and theres a bit of movement with the missing gromet

Reactions: LEE69