New User! - New Audi! - General Query To All!

mikeclark007

Reaction score
Hi All.

This is my first post on audi-sport.net after some heavy reading of old posts and was wondering if anyone could help me out.

3 weeks ago I bought a 2005 Audi A3 1.6 FSI Sport thats very well specd. but there are a few "extra's" that i miss from prevous cars.

I checked with Audi and there is not a fat lot that I can get fitted as an aftersale item but i miss items like:

- Cruise Control
- Multi function steering wheel
- Xenon Headlights

and i in particular I fancy the DVD sat. nav plus system.

Is there anyway possible I can obtain parts for the above items and have them fitted to a high standard as if they were factory fitted by Audi?

As a new user I will laugh off comments about just buying a whole new car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Appreciate any help.
Cheers
Mike.

Hello and welcome.

I'm sure if I get any thing wrong the other will be able to correct me!

With regards to the Sat Nav you can get this retro fitted, though if you do not already have the Double din head unit (i think its the concert II) it requires a bit more work.

Places like AMD can retro fit CC

http://www.amdtechnik.com/product.details.cfm?ProductID=383&VariantID=6&ReferenceID=3006

The xenons are a bit more difficult. You can get a xenon kit for about £250 from Hids 4 u.

http://www.hids4u.co.uk/product_details.asp?id=14

You are not able to fit the OEM xenons with out spending £££ as you will need to put the auto leveling sensors on the top of the rear shocks and get the front bumper cut to fit the washer jets + you will need the Projector Headlamps, Vag parts do these for aobut £500 for the pair.

Not sure about the MF wheel though.

Sorry.

Cruise control is about £300 - I had it fitted to my previous A4 at a dealer.
Dunno about MF wheel.
Xenon kits can be bought.

Craigyb (AS member) can do a DVD Sat nav for you, drop him a pm for a quote. He did mine, and he knows his stuff.

Don't be scared to do a search, there are plenty of posts on here about cruise, xenons and sat nav.

Mike what stereo have you got?

RNS-E package, fitted to a car with a double Din Symphony stereo is £1k.
If you have a single Din (Chorus or Concert2) stereo then the AC unit needs to be adapted and a double din housing fitted. This is an xtra £300. If you want bluetooth phone integration then it's another £400 on top of the above.

Hi mate.

Thanks for the responce. I'm not technically minded so all i know is that i have the Symphony II front loading cd changer - any further info you can give me would be great if you can bare with my iggnorance of technical specs.

Cheers again.

If you've got Symphony then it'll be £1k, lucky you, mines Concert2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

He's based in Manc and his customers rave about his work.

which user are we talking about mate that could help me out?

I'm presuming for that price it will be the cd-rom based system and not the dvd plus. also will it be genuine Audi parts or third party stuff?

One more thing - will i also have to pay for a new autochnager to be located in the relevant gap in the glove box?

[ QUOTE ]
which user are we talking about mate that could help me out?

I'm presuming for that price it will be the cd-rom based system and not the dvd plus. also will it be genuine Audi parts or third party stuff?

One more thing - will i also have to pay for a new autochnager to be located in the relevant gap in the glove box?

[/ QUOTE ]

See thread HERE

This covers a lot of the info you'll want to know....

The guys user name is craigyb, and it's the DVD based system, all Audi parts (I believe) other than the gps receiver which is a differnet brand and concealed in the instrument console.

From the pictures i've seen there's a small cavity above the speedo/rev counter and it sits in there between theses and the plastic outer casing of the top of the dash.

About the MF wheel, it's possible, however costs a lot if you have Sport edition with 3-spoke-wheel, since they would need to change the airbags and so on. Not worth it.

[ QUOTE ]

As a new user I will laugh off comments about just buying a whole new car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Mike.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is that an advisory comment or should I just ignore and proceed with the "phone up Audi and tell em to collect your car as you just brought a BMW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif