RS3 Diffuser to fit on standard 8P3 rearbumper.

Kjaer85

Reaction score
Hi.

i really want another diffuser/valance on my A3.
But i know the RS3 diffuser isn't a direct fit. But can it be done?

Or should i go for an aftermarket solution, perhaps a carbon solution?

The picture attached is to demonstrate which bumper i have.

In advance. Thanks:)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 2,287
No, it will only fit an S3 Sportback rear bumper and even then needs to be modified a little to fit.

I'll be fitting mine at the weekend so wil post up a how to.

Damn.

I know the S Line diffuser is plug'n'play, but its ugly as hell :( I think i will go for the aftermarket solution, that have the RS3 look then.
But please post the pictures anyway;)

I have same as pic attached it's a s line 8p2 rear bumper I have a s3 rear valance or spoiler as they call it and have a rs3 diffuser s3 valance is a direct clip on replacement for lower bumber and the rs3 valance fits with a strip cut off the s3 part wwhich is very straight forward

I have same as pic attached it's a s line 8p2 rear bumper I have a s3 rear valance or spoiler as they call it and have a rs3 diffuser s3 valance is a direct clip on replacement for lower bumber and the rs3 valance fits with a strip cut off the s3 part wwhich is very straight forward

Now ie om a bit more confused.
i thought that diffuser and valance was the same thing?

the "lower" part of my bumper is only on one peace.

Sorry just looked closer at your pic you can't do what I said if you had the s line bumper you could so either way you need a new bumper

Stupid bumper:)

And stupid autocorrect. I'm from Denmark, and the danish autocorrect isn't a huge fan of english.
But you did understand:)

I will be looking for another solution. Perhaps Rieger, ABT or other manufactores has another valance/undertray/diffuser <--- that piece has many names:)

Unfortunaly, that is for the cabrio/sedan version of A3:)

Is it possible to fit another bumper to a 2011 A3 8P Sportback?
The bumper in two pieces with both the valance and diffusor attached.

Search guys use the search tool.... this has literally been covered a million times.

Simple terms - you need a Audi S3 rear bumper as the S3 rear bumper fits all 8P models and is split into 2 pieces. Make sure you get the sportback bumper if you have a sportback and 3 door if you have a door.... You then take the RS3 diffuser to a body shop (or attempt at home) pop out the grey S3 diffuser, trim the edges of the RS3 diffuser and refit / stick into place. It has been attempted and done using just an older Sline rear bumper but has had to have loads more work done to make it fit.

Been done several times on the forum just search for it :D pictures, before / after and guides!!!

Search guys use the search tool.... this has literally been covered a million times.

Simple terms - you need a Audi S3 rear bumper as the S3 rear bumper fits all 8P models and is split into 2 pieces. Make sure you get the sportback bumper if you have a sportback and 3 door if you have a door.... You then take the RS3 diffuser to a body shop (or attempt at home) pop out the grey S3 diffuser, trim the edges of the RS3 diffuser and refit / stick into place. It has been attempted and done using just an older Sline rear bumper but has had to have loads more work done to make it fit.

Been done several times on the forum just search for it :D pictures, before / after and guides!!!

I've just fitted one to my 2010 S3 Sportback, you don't trim anything on the RS3 rear diffuser.

Trimming is done on S3 bumper lower section after removing the S3 diffuser.

IMG_20140218_221522841_zpsiwet5bm1.jpg~original

IMG_20140218_221557382_zpsfzohnffo.jpg~original

Last edited:
I've just fitted one to my 2010 S3 Sportback, you don't trim anything on the RS3 rear diffuser.

Trimming is done on S3 bumper lower section after removing the S3 diffuser.

Apologies - but I was half right trimming is done somewhere ;)

Reactions: Muzza80
Did you buy the diffuser from the dealers? When I bought mine they said there was only gloss black and could not find the part number for the aluminum lipped one

Muzza80 - Did you pay a bodyshop to trim the S3 valance, or was it a DIY project?:)

BTW. Its looks superb!!

Did you buy the diffuser from the dealers? When I bought mine they said there was only gloss black and could not find the part number for the aluminum lipped one

Bought it on Ebay, £200 delivered. It's not available direct from the parts desk with the alu strip you have to paint it on, I think some dealerships painted a few so they would be ready though.

Is your S3 badge sitting quite low there?? :S

Looks to be in the same place as any other facelift S3 I can find on google images?

2009_audi_s3_rear3.jpg

Muzza80 - Did you pay a bodyshop to trim the S3 valance, or was it a DIY project?:)

BTW. Its looks superb!!

Cheers, nah did it myself, took a couple of hours taking my time. Dremel with a cutting wheel is what you need and a drill/bit a couple of nuts, bolts and washers for securing the ends underneath.

Bought it on Ebay, £200 delivered. It's not available direct from the parts desk with the alu strip you have to paint it on, I think some dealerships painted a few so they would be ready though
Ah that makes sense now Im just keeping it black think i was going to buy that one on eBay but only 210 from the dealers

Our badge defo sits higher boydie...

Must be different on SB due the rear clusters