Turbo clean - Northeast

Djwoody

Reaction score
Hi.
I am wanting to give my A3 TDI's turbo a good clean with the Mr Muscle method.
As I'm not very good with DIY or mechanics, I was wondering if anyone in the Northeast could do the job for me?
Obviously I'll pay you for your time.

Any help would be great
Chris

TBH Mr Muscle isnt the best, with longevity, route to take, best to remove turbo, strip, clean & refit.

Could possibly do in Salford, but its not a £50 job for that as needs new gaskets, maybe a smidgen of oil & most of a day.

I agree with the above, mine had the classic overboost stick vane problem. Cleaned with Mr Muscle and it cured it for all of 2 or 3 weeks until the oil seal went and left me stranded with the biggest cloud of smoke covering the M6 you've ever seen.

I agree with the above, mine had the classic overboost stick vane problem. Cleaned with Mr Muscle and it cured it for all of 2 or 3 weeks until the oil seal went and left me stranded with the biggest cloud of smoke covering the M6 you've ever seen.
did the turbo go because it was on its way out or because your sprayed mr mussle innit that made it worse?

did the turbo go because it was on its way out or because your sprayed mr mussle innit that made it worse?
Who knows, it was going to fail either way. Funny you should dig this thread up, as it's replacement snapped it's turbine shaft last week, so now on turbo number 3.