S3 wheel upgrade and brakes advise needed

GGB_8PTDI140

Audi modder
Reaction score
I have a A3 2006 2.0TDI 140 PD 5Dr I am planning on fitting 315mm front and rear brake setup from am R32/Seat/S3 or VRS I think I'll try go for the VRS as I like the green but I want S3 wheel and wonder if these will clear OK? I understand they are 17inch could anybody help with the model name???? My wheels are already 16inch and DON'T want 18-19inch so will 17's clear the brakes OK? Thanks peeps
Gary
Audi S3 Light Anthracite

This post is a little confusing! The wheels above are s3 speedlines and are 18"

Yes Jimbos3 I have 16inch wheels fitted already and i want no bigger than 17 (I thought the pictured wheels were 17 not 18) I want the brake setup as noted above and wondered if they would fit under 17's or will I need bigger wheels? Thanks for clearing up for me that speed lines are 18's.

i have stock 17's and i have the R32/S3 brakes and they are 345mm i believe and just clear with no spacers.

I agree there is a lot of confusion in your post, that is a red herring photo! The S3 has much bigger brakes, 345mm front discs. Is this the size you want to fit?

I understand the 312mm setup will fit under 16" wheels as this is a common winter wheel size fitted to people with this size brakes. So obviously 17s will be fine.

can confirm 17" audi a3 sport wheels will fit over S3 brakes.

Yes as diameter BUT I think the ET values will be also suitable.

no - I have a set and ran them over winter. they DO fit.

its close but fine.