Absolutly gutted.. Has my head gasket gone?

Looks just like mine does most of the time! I only do about 6 miles a day and after a week its like that. I have a catch can and that fills up pretty quick too. I used to be worried about it but I've changed the oil twice (in 1 year, 4k miles) had a few big journeys and it always goes back to normal pure black after a good run. Then when I use it just for getting to work and I get the mayo back.

Surely there should be no mayo regardless on a lovely bit of german engineering? I've gone for a longgg drive tonight for just over an hour. Havent checked the oil yet, but the coolant hasnt lost any, no tempreture problems. I shall check when its cooled down. But its looking promising

Surely there should be no mayo regardless on a lovely bit of german engineering? I've gone for a longgg drive tonight for just over an hour. Havent checked the oil yet, but the coolant hasnt lost any, no tempreture problems. I shall check when its cooled down. But its looking promising

Don't expect miracles by any means, did you redline it a lot? A long drive isn't enough to burn it off unless you are pushing hard. Signs are good though with no coolant lose etc.

German engineering is not the issue here, fuel for instance has moisture in it and it can just build up over time.

German engineering can't overcome physics though. Hot gas + cold surface = condensation.

My 20T had a bit of mayo on the filler cap once, but then i was doing 3 miles to work in the morning (in stop/start traffic) and the same home of an evening. I took it for a blast down some lanes, so some prolonged hard use and it went away.

every week take your car for a good long run, I don't do much in the way of commuter mileage but if time allows i'll go out for a good couple of hours just to give the engine what it wants, full running temp!

so your telling me that its 6 months regardless, and if anything blows they must repair it? damn i didn't know that, what if they refuse? or what if they refuse but you need the car repairing so you get it repaired, can you forward the bill on?

bought from a dealer and owned for under 6 months, you're covered by the sale of goods act for 6 months from the purchase date, regardless of a garage who might even claim its sold as seen, and its not for you to prove it was faulty when you bought it, its for them to prove it wasn't, which they usually cant

they shouldn't refuse, if they do try to, then mention the sale of goods act giving 6 months, if that fails, trading standards. if you have to put anything in writing, keep records, but most of the time it'll never come to that

This thread got me cynical about the cap. Incidentally, low engine oil light came up too. When I got home after a long run, inside of the cap was absolutely normal. However, ever since then, I've done short runs, 3 miles top and the cap is milky. However the dipstick is absolutely fine.

I've been told (Service head at Audi Garage) this is because of condensation and everything should be fine. No unusual noises/temps/exhaust gases etc

Am I at risk to this in my 3.2,??? I do about 2 miles to work and 2 miles from work just urban, then the odd blast down the motorway midweek and a good thrash at the weekends ? I've checked the cap seems no issues ??

Am I at risk to this in my 3.2,??? I do about 2 miles to work and 2 miles from work just urban, then the odd blast down the motorway midweek and a good thrash at the weekends ? I've checked the cap seems no issues ??

There is no risk as such, well there is with prolonged short journeys but modern engines should not have such problems now.

Mine has this too, all tested okay but no way near a bad as that.Hope you get her sorted :)

There's nothing to sort unless he gets a job 30 miles from home lol