Engine noise Audi s3 not the normal noises known..

Keane

Reaction score
Alright chaps,
It's hard to explain but since I've had the cambelt, water pump and tensioners done I've noticed a seriously quiet tapping sound from 1k to about 2.5, 3k but after that it goes :/ it's Almost like it's starved of oil but it's not. It's only very slight but I'm sure it wasn't there before having the cambelt done. Any ideas ? Cam followers ? Tensioners making the noise ? Any help would be great cheers lads

Hello,

The TFSI engine is a little bit noisy and sounds tapitty lol. Have you changed the HPFP cam follower?

That maybe and issue but 100% sure maybe worth a try as they are pretty cheap and can be replaced in about 10 mins

Cheers Dan

Cheers pal, been looking into that and I'm hoping Audi stock the part as I was planning to do that Tomo :). I know they can be quite tapitty but I'm sure it wasn't there before I had the cambelt ect changed. It's seriously quiet tho and stops after it's warmed up.

Mine is when it's cold, when was the last time the oil was changed.....could also be a factor to be honest I'm not that experienced with the TSFI engine as I work with gas turbines lol.

Try TPS for your cam follower cheaper than audi and are genuine parts

Cheers Dan

The oil was last changed about 600 miles ago. Will change the cam follower and go from there :)