Facelift S3 rear bumper on pre-facelift 8P

Curley89

S5 & S3 Stage 2+
Reaction score
My neighbour caught my rear bumper as he was reversing off his drive so I took this opportunity to have the facelift rear bumper fitted to my 2007 pre facelift 8P.
I called Audi who took a look at their system and supplied me with the price of two parts - The main bumper and the grey insert. I gave the body shop a registration with the facelift rear bumper and they have ordered the part from Audi however they have been sent three different parts.

From Audi's explanation and the research I have done on the forums, it seems the main section of the facelift bumper is connected to the bottom colour coded bit and the grey diffuser section is separated. The difference being the pre facelift main bumper comes as one section and the bottom colour coded section is attached to the diffuser. Both should only be two parts.

I couldn't get a definitive answer on the facelift bumpers part numbers and Audi would not supply them to me. I'm waiting on photos from the body shop to show what they have actually received but can anyone please tell me of the part numbers I need or maybe advise if the newer facelift rear bumper is indeed in three sections?

No. The newer facelift (mid 2008+) is only 2 sections. The bumper and the diffuser.

Unless you go for the S3 rear bumper, then it is 3 sections

So it looks like all is in order... Photos are below. From previous threads it seemed only two parts needed to be ordered. I still question why Audi only gave me the quote for two parts as well :banghead:

Last edited:
So it looks like all is in order... Photos are below. From previous threads it seemed only two parts needed to be ordered. I still question why Audi only gave me the quote for two parts as well :banghead:

Did you ask them for A3 or S3 parts?