Next service date on DIS?

A3_TOBES

Reaction score
Bit puzzled, wonder if anyone can help?

My car was registered 1/3/2005.

Service book has Long-Life service ticked and dated 10/2/2005.

I've done 6700 miles in the car and the DIS says next serice is in 9900 miles which seems ok. But the DIS says the next service date is 307 days. I would have thought this should have said 362.

The dates don't seem to add up? If I go on the date it means a service will be due in December 2006 which is way off 2yrs.

Any ideas?

the avs service has a maximum interval of 2 years, or 20k miles, whichever comes sooner. However this depends on your driving style, and takes this into account.

Most people get about 14-17k miles, or about a year and a half out of an AVS interval.

[ QUOTE ]
the avs service has a maximum interval of 2 years, or 20k miles, whichever comes sooner. However this depends on your driving style, and takes this into account.

Most people get about 14-17k miles, or about a year and a half out of an AVS interval.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers, so the "day countdown" is also decremented in accordance to your driving characteristics and is not just a count down from 720 days.

[ QUOTE ]
yes, exactly.

[/ QUOTE ]

cheers m8 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

My car was reg 1/3/05 and is saying around 345 days or 12400 miles which will be just shy of 2 yrs.

Think you'll find Tobes that short journeys lower the interval. Sometimes on long journeys my interval goes up by about 10 days!