A3 Sportback leg room

Djwoody

Reaction score
I'm thinking of trading in my A3 3dr for a A3 Sportback, facelift 2009ish.
Does anyone have any pics of the rear leg room?
I have a baby on the way so want to see how much room is in the back.
How does it compare to the A4 leg room?
Pics of A4s would also be great.

Chris

The 8P Sportback has marginally more rear room than the 3dr, although the wheelbase is apparently the same. Obviously the A4 has more space, but I would say seat space isn't that much more on the B6 shape at least.

Speaking from experience a 3dr A3 is next to useless with a baby, we couldn't get a baby seat through in to the back properly without tilting it a lot as with the front seat folded forward and low roofline doesn't give much space to get it into the back easily. I swapped it for a Sportback a week later which is much better proposition.

Visit dealer with baby's life support parafanalia to check what best.😁

If I were in your shoes, B7 Avant - 2.0 TDI aka SOOT CHUCKER.

Go for 'show' and not for 'go' and tastefully modify it.

Maybe a cheeky remap too.

or blow a load of coin on an RS4...;)

If you want to stay with A3's have you consider looking at the A3 saloon ??

I have my seat back a good way, I've noticed the seats have notches for peoples knees in the rear and no ones ever complained. I also have a 4 year old with Recaro car seat and he has plenty of room.

no difference in leg room between a3 sb and a4 in my opinion (friend has an a4)

Loads of room mate, main reason we upgraded from a 3dr (not A3).

I've had a couple of my mates in the back, rugby players 6ft, 15 stone+ etc. all fine.

Loads of room, even more than our 01 Leon we had before this

SAM_0380_zps96e6e95e.jpg

Depends how far you have your seat back. I'm 6.5" so have it back almost all the way, which doesn't leave enough room for anyone behind.

Looks like plenty on room in there. So tempted with an S3 5dr now, just the running costs that are a bit of a problem.

Well if its any consolation the 170 diesel is brilliant as far as running costs go. Had no DPF issues what so ever.

my nephew sits in fine in my SB. i also upgraded from a 3 door and its spot on now

I didnt NEED a Sportback but I got one because I much prefer the look of them over the 3 door.

Am I alone in thinking that the rear lights on the 3 door make it look really dated?

Yes, get the rear later lights they are the best visual mod possible imho.

I have my seat all the way back and you can still get someone behind me.

A3 sportback has more rear room than A4 in my opinion