A3 s line 8p 2.0 tdi car shaking on tick over

Red s line

Reaction score
Hi there iv recently had new clutch flywheel and turbo from a main dealer I bought the car about 3 weeks ago with only 66k on the clock I was told the random shaking the car makes wen on tick over was the flywheel but since having the car back after all the work iv still got this slight shaking of the car it feels like the engine mounts but Im not sure can any 1 give me some advice

many thanks

Had this on a customers car and it turned out to be a vibrating EGR valve that had blocked. Literally was shaking the whole car. Went down the route of flywheel and then I remembered about the EGR valve. Check that out as it sound as though it could be the same as they are prone to getting blocked up with carbon deposits.

Last edited:
Reactions: Red s line
Had this on a customers car and it turned out to be a vibrating EGR valve that had blocked. Literally wasshaking the whole car. Went down the route of flywheel and then I remembered about the EGR valve. Check that out as it sound as though it could be the same.

Thanks for the reply
Il look into it as it can't be the flywheel as that's literally been changed yesterday and the shaking is still there only happens every3 secs roughly I'm baffled il look into the egr valve tho
Thanks

Thanks for the reply
Il look into it as it can't be the flywheel as that's literally been changed yesterday and the shaking is still there only happens every3 secs roughly I'm baffled il look into the egr valve tho
Thanks

Could also be the injector wiring loom.

There's probably hundreds of different things, engine/gearbox mounts? Arnt they due for a change around your mileage? Don't quote me on it though

Engine tappets possibly? Again don't quote me, however I know they can cause vibrations.