WHY DO PEOPLE ALWAYS SLAM THE DOOR!!

Isaa

Reaction score
I am wondering why people feel the need to always slam the passenger door on my car when they get out, almost without exception. Im thinking is it me ? Is it something I said or is it my attitude or something that causes people to do this? No matter how many times I ask them not to slam the doors they still do. Do you guys experience this?

Reactions: davesimmo, Dave4ku, AudiSBE and 9 others
My lass does this and it ****** me off bigtime. I even collard her about it and she must have thought I was joking as she laughed and slammed it anyway.

Reactions: london jay, 45bvtc and Kelza
The wife and kids do exactly the same. If it's not the doors it's the tailgate, I'm sure one day the window will smash. I keep telling them it's an Audi not a tractor 🚜

Reactions: london jay and 45bvtc
My kids stopped doing it when I threatened no pocket money,workmate is on a final warning.

Reactions: JudderMan, TDI_TIM, T3nnant and 4 others
We need soft closing doors like the new range rover and double glazing ,,EH , like the range rover ,why not ;)

Reactions: voorhees
My lass does this and it ****** me off bigtime. I even collard her about it and she must have thought I was joking as she laughed and slammed it anyway.

The wife and kids do exactly the same. If it's not the doors it's the tailgate, I'm sure one day the window will smash. I keep telling them it's an Audi not a tractor 🚜

My kids stopped doing it when I threatened no pocket money,workmate is on a final warning.

Yeh I think the worst offenders are kids, and it's even worse if it's someone else's kid because you can't have a go at them so they keep doing it. :banghead:

Reactions: voorhees
Every single one of my mates do this, other than the ones that drive german cars... and when I call them out, they think it's a joke! :banghead:

Oh don't even go there! I hate this more than anything. I find humiliating people by making them practice getting in and out without slamming the door works quite well. Especially if it's cold windy and raining outside!

Reactions: T.Will, CHEZ, 45bvtc and 1 other person
Didnt give work mate a lift in the rain today because last time he couple times when he closed door I thought glass was going to pop out!!

Reactions: CHEZ and 45bvtc
And why do ppl feel the need to touch every part of the door to close it or the windows or use the a pillar to lever them selves out 😡

Reactions: TonyH38 and 45bvtc
Because it's NOT their car... so they don't give a damn ****...

About couple of years ago I had 206 GTI and at the time it was a headtuner (well at least for me as I was only 20), one of my mates NOT only slammed the door but also knocked it to the ****ing wall whilst getting ****ing out... so ended up with scratched, the door lip completely ****ed up and had to get it fully resprayed...
Guess what, he didn't even bothered saying sorry... all he did was walking off...

Since then I never let anyone in my car apart from my GF... and she KNOW how to deal with it (both cars)..

So if it's annoying just say it in their ****ing faces straight away and DON'T LET them in again...
Simple but effective :)

Reactions: 45bvtc and Isaa
Every single one of my mates do this, other than the ones that drive german cars... and when I call them out, they think it's a joke! :banghead:

Oh don't even go there! I hate this more than anything. I find humiliating people by making them practice getting in and out without slamming the door works quite well. Especially if it's cold windy and raining outside!

Didnt give work mate a lift in the rain today because last time he couple times when he closed door I thought glass was going to pop out!!

And why do ppl feel the need to touch every part of the door to close it or the windows or use the a pillar to lever them selves out ������

It's come to a point where when ever someone close one if the doors I cushion the door with my hand so it doesn't slam. :crying:

My wife has learnt not to do this, my brother slams my doors ****ing vauxhall bag of ****e driver and my sister I threaten to snap her fingers off if she slams the door. My work friend she says thanks for the lift home and gently shuts the doors.

Last edited:
Reactions: CHEZ
My girlfriend also does this. Really annoys the **** out of me, big time grates on me actually. That's and crossing her legs in the car too so her ****ty shoe rubs on the glove box then normally somewhere down near the speaker grille

Reactions: JohnM100, london jay, DAYTONA 500 and 1 other person
I must be the only one that thinks it's down to the strong recoil mechanism fitted to the hinges & not the passenger! The doors will practically slam themselves with the slightest provocation. :ninja:

****** me right off as i close the door and then give it a slight push thats when its 10cm off actually closing.. and no one respects that.. i usually tell them the rules before going in the car.. dont slam the door , no smoking any muddy shoes and ur not welcome... as for the women dont play with your ****** air in my car.. thats the worst.. and they dont listen so as for the door i tell them WAITTTTT!!! ill close the damn thing.. as i dont want to break the windows OR having **** rattling within the door card i get OCD that the door card will start vibrating after a while of door slamming

Reactions: T33_BKD, mozza1202 and 45bvtc
I ve thought the same when brother got out once he told me he didn't slam it, so I tested it and I don't think he did.
I think it's something to do with the vacuum that occurs when the door shuts makes it sound a lot louder than it is.
Honestly try it for yourself

Reactions: 45bvtc
I'm convinced my wife thinks she'll win something if she can put the rear window through in the tail gate.

I know it always sounds worse when your in the enclosed 'closed pressure' environment as it plays tricks on your ear drums, but it's a miracle the glass on our car stays in the frame. It's like she's superhuman.

Reactions: davesimmo, london jay, CHEZ and 4 others
. If it's not the doors it's the tailgate, I'm sure one day the window will smash. I keep telling them it's an Audi not a tractor ������

This.

EVERYONE who opens my boot, does this. Sounds like the ****** boot window's gonna smash!

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy Crooks
My girlfriend does exactly the same thing. In or out - always slam!

Reactions: london jay
This is the BEST/FUNNYEST Thread yet... :applaus:

Can't stop laughing as it oh so true...

However, ALL girlfriends doing this need a slap (or two) on the ****! I know, I know, but never the less... :wub:

Young wifes too!

I've had the same problem since 1968; provided the same manner of chastisement (it's true Sandra); has never made a jot of difference, the buggers just love it, but always made me feel better (sorry ladies, all in the best possible taste...).

Had the same issue with glass-fibre cars; you go tell someone it's glass-fibre, or in the case of an RS3 carbon-fibre, and I'll lay a £1 down now that they'll go knuckle the panel...

Why???

So it ain't just me after all!!!

THANKS GUYS, BRILLIANT!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: DAYTONA 500, sliced and Isaa
Never had this issue... Although people know not to mess with my cars or i'll have them haha

1 of the benefits of having a Glasweigan accent, sounds very aggresive when raised

GF again being the worst offender :/ , that and make up on the textured dash which is a nightmare to get off.

Cabin air pressure and the rubber seal will prevent any damage, no matter how hard it is "slammed". Never really had an issue with this execpet for the usual boot closing which as has been said, always sounds extreme from inside the car as the boot shuts.

My misses is the same! The strength she must save up throughout her life just to slam my doors and boot is unreal. Last time she slammed the boot, I left her where she was standing in the car park.

Reactions: JudderMan, 45bvtc, Fanboy and 1 other person
It worse when a window or door is open as there is no air pressure and the slam sounds even worse, makes the car shake.

My girlfriend also does this. Really annoys the **** out of me, big time grates on me actually. That's and crossing her legs in the car too so her ****ty shoe rubs on the glove box then normally somewhere down near the speaker grille
I wouldn't have a problem with ladies leaving shoe marks on the headlining of my car{chance would be a fine thing}:hubbahubba:

Reactions: JudderMan and 45bvtc
And why do ppl feel the need to touch every part of the door to close it or the windows or use the a pillar to lever them selves out 😡

this is my other pet hate, I detest people touching stuff in the car, if its not the mirror its the windows. covers in greasy, sticking had prints. does my nut in!

this is my other pet hate, I detest people touching stuff in the car, if its not the mirror its the windows. covers in greasy, sticking had prints. does my nut in!

To add to that, using the sun visor and not folding it back up. :keule:

Reactions: JudderMan and london jay
In a 3 door and someone leaves the seat tilted forward .......:angrymod:

Reactions: smurfworth and Andy Crooks
Nothing an open palmed swing across the chops wont solve ;)

Reactions: CHEZ
I'd love all your wifes/partners seeing you all *****ing about them here! haha. One that catches my missus out is when it's windy. Always prewarn but her fish brain seems to forget more or less instantly!

Reactions: JudderMan and Fanboy
I'd love all your wifes/partners seeing you all *****ing about them here! haha. One that catches my missus out is when it's windy. Always prewarn but her fish brain seems to forget more or less instantly!

Haha liked that!!! "Fish Brain"... :yahoo:

All women/girls have fish brains for these sort of stuff... but when it's time to remember something they will **** us all :)
And all they say, don't be such a child about your car, you gonna sell this anyway... and gives you that dirty l@@k... you all know what I'm talking about...

I hope they somehow end up on this thread through Google search or something and see what they're actually doing is the worst could ever happen to men/boys

My GF probably knows about this stuff, but most of the ladies DON'T and they need to be trained...

I quite find this thread interesting as make me laugh reading through...

Reactions: JudderMan
Usually before my missus slams the door and the boot she likes to put the vents out of alignment just incase I was trying to keep my heart rate down. I know I obviously need professional help but misaligned vents do strange things to my head!

Reactions: Dave4ku, 45bvtc, stetheo and 3 others
Usually before my missus slams the door and the boot she likes to put the vents out of alignment just incase I was trying to keep my heart rate down. I know I obviously need professional help but misaligned vents do strange things to my head!

LOL. I guess you also like the symbol on the radio power button to be the right way up aswell?

Reactions: Andy Crooks
I guess the wives & GF's slam car doors as payback for men not putting the toilet seat down ......

Reactions: 45bvtc
I guess the wives & GF's slam car doors as payback for men not putting the toilet seat down ......

but we only do that so the urine can drip off ....

Reactions: R90 STL, 45bvtc, warren_S5 and 4 others
but we only do that so the urine can drip off ....

Pmsl thats got to be the best comment i read on here tonight. :) x

Reactions: 45bvtc and Isaa

+1

I'm sure it's intentional/payback for something I've done which I'm not aware of.