AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: WHY DO PEOPLE ALWAYS SLAM THE DOOR!!

1st Gear

Status

WHY DO PEOPLE ALWAYS SLAM THE DOOR!!

I am wondering why people feel the need to always slam the passenger door on my car when they get out, almost without exception. Im thinking is it me ? Is it something I said or is it my attitude or something that causes people to do this? No matter how many times I ask them not to slam the doors they still do. Do you guys experience this?
    SAiLO, Kelza, Andy Crooks and 9 others like this.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    My lass does this and it Pisses me off bigtime. I even collard her about it and she must have thought I was joking as she laughed and slammed it anyway.
    Kelza, 45bvtc and london jay like this.

5th Gear

Status
    The wife and kids do exactly the same. If it's not the doors it's the tailgate, I'm sure one day the window will smash. I keep telling them it's an Audi not a tractor 🚜
    45bvtc and london jay like this.
    Audi A3 8P Sport Back 170BHP (And I Love it)

web page: philseagust.co.uk
    E-Mail:info@philseagust.co.uk

Status
    My kids stopped doing it when I threatened no pocket money,workmate is on a final warning.
    warren_S5, Sevv, southylad and 4 others like this.

Status
    We need soft closing doors like the new range rover and double glazing ,,EH , like the range rover ,why not

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by T3nnant View Post
    My lass does this and it Pisses me off bigtime. I even collard her about it and she must have thought I was joking as she laughed and slammed it anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil-1 View Post
    The wife and kids do exactly the same. If it's not the doors it's the tailgate, I'm sure one day the window will smash. I keep telling them it's an Audi not a tractor
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    My kids stopped doing it when I threatened no pocket money,workmate is on a final warning.

Yeh I think the worst offenders are kids, and it's even worse if it's someone else's kid because you can't have a go at them so they keep doing it.
    voorhees likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Every single one of my mates do this, other than the ones that drive german cars... and when I call them out, they think it's a joke!

5th Gear

Status
    Oh don't even go there! I hate this more than anything. I find humiliating people by making them practice getting in and out without slamming the door works quite well. Especially if it's cold windy and raining outside!
    CHEZ, 45bvtc, T.Will and 1 others like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Didnt give work mate a lift in the rain today because last time he couple times when he closed door I thought glass was going to pop out!!
    CHEZ and 45bvtc like this.

1st Gear

Status
    And why do ppl feel the need to touch every part of the door to close it or the windows or use the a pillar to lever them selves out 😡
    45bvtc and TonyH38 like this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Because it's NOT their car... so they don't give a damn ****...

About couple of years ago I had 206 GTI and at the time it was a headtuner (well at least for me as I was only 20), one of my mates NOT only slammed the door but also knocked it to the ****ing wall whilst getting ****ing out... so ended up with scratched, the door lip completely ****ed up and had to get it fully resprayed...
    Guess what, he didn't even bothered saying sorry... all he did was walking off...

Since then I never let anyone in my car apart from my GF... and she KNOW how to deal with it (both cars)..

So if it's annoying just say it in their ****ing faces straight away and DON'T LET them in again...
    Simple but effective
    45bvtc and Isaa like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DriverN00B View Post
    Every single one of my mates do this, other than the ones that drive german cars... and when I call them out, they think it's a joke!
    Quote Originally Posted by smurfworth View Post
    Oh don't even go there! I hate this more than anything. I find humiliating people by making them practice getting in and out without slamming the door works quite well. Especially if it's cold windy and raining outside!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee540 View Post
    Didnt give work mate a lift in the rain today because last time he couple times when he closed door I thought glass was going to pop out!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Avnt View Post
    And why do ppl feel the need to touch every part of the door to close it or the windows or use the a pillar to lever them selves out ������

It's come to a point where when ever someone close one if the doors I cushion the door with my hand so it doesn't slam.

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Andy Crooks On Twitter Add Andy Crooks on Facebook
    My wife has learnt not to do this, my brother slams my doors ****ing vauxhall bag of ****e driver and my sister I threaten to snap her fingers off if she slams the door. My work friend she says thanks for the lift home and gently shuts the doors.
    Last edited by Andy Crooks; 5th February 2014 at 00:14.
    CHEZ likes this.
    S-line A3 1.2 TFSI brilliant black

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Visit Andy1608's Youtube Channel
    My girlfriend also does this. Really annoys the **** out of me, big time grates on me actually. That's and crossing her legs in the car too so her ****ty shoe rubs on the glove box then normally somewhere down near the speaker grille

Short Back

Status
    I must be the only one that thinks it's down to the strong recoil mechanism fitted to the hinges & not the passenger! The doors will practically slam themselves with the slightest provocation.
    2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Pushing the limits..

Status

My Social Networking

Add Sevv on Facebook
    pisses me right off as i close the door and then give it a slight push thats when its 10cm off actually closing.. and no one respects that.. i usually tell them the rules before going in the car.. dont slam the door , no smoking any muddy shoes and ur not welcome... as for the women dont play with your bloody air in my car.. thats the worst.. and they dont listen so as for the door i tell them WAITTTTT!!! ill close the damn thing.. as i dont want to break the windows OR having **** rattling within the door card i get OCD that the door card will start vibrating after a while of door slamming
    mozza1202, 45bvtc and T33_BKD like this.

1st Gear

Status
    I ve thought the same when brother got out once he told me he didn't slam it, so I tested it and I don't think he did.
    I think it's something to do with the vacuum that occurs when the door shuts makes it sound a lot louder than it is.
    Honestly try it for yourself
    45bvtc likes this.
    2011 S3 brilliant red sport back S tronic. 6 stack cd changer. Confirm beep on close. Stage 1 remap. Rear parking sensors. Full internal led upgrade. Footwell lights. Front puddle and door opening lights. R8 oil cap. 26 000 miles avg mpg 25. Full audi service. 🌐B-e-a-utiful🌐

Status
    I'm convinced my wife thinks she'll win something if she can put the rear window through in the tail gate.

I know it always sounds worse when your in the enclosed 'closed pressure' environment as it plays tricks on your ear drums, but it's a miracle the glass on our car stays in the frame. It's like she's superhuman.
    CHEZ, 45bvtc, farzad and 4 others like this.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

When I grow up, I want a 964!

Status

My Social Networking

Visit leeds2592's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil-1 View Post
    . If it's not the doors it's the tailgate, I'm sure one day the window will smash. I keep telling them it's an Audi not a tractor ������
    This.

EVERYONE who opens my boot, does this. Sounds like the bloody boot window's gonna smash!
    Last edited by leeds2592; 5th February 2014 at 10:17.
    Andy Crooks likes this.
    Black 2007 2.0 FSI Sport
    2011 Glossy Black RNS-E |AP Coilovers | 18" 7 Spoke OEM BE Alloy Wheels | H&R Trak+ Spacers 8mm (Front) 12mm (Rear) | MY11 Rear Lights | S Line Spoiler | Retrofitted MFSW | Retrofitted Cruise Control | Interior LED Light Pack | OEM LED Numberplate Bulbs

Enthusiast

Status
    My girlfriend does exactly the same thing. In or out - always slam!
    london jay likes this.
    VCDS USER

5th Gear

Status
    This is the BEST/FUNNYEST Thread yet...

Can't stop laughing as it oh so true...

However, ALL girlfriends doing this need a slap (or two) on the arse! I know, I know, but never the less...

Young wifes too!

I've had the same problem since 1968; provided the same manner of chastisement (it's true Sandra); has never made a jot of difference, the buggers just love it, but always made me feel better (sorry ladies, all in the best possible taste...).

Had the same issue with glass-fibre cars; you go tell someone it's glass-fibre, or in the case of an RS3 carbon-fibre, and I'll lay a £1 down now that they'll go knuckle the panel...

Why???

So it ain't just me after all!!!

THANKS GUYS, BRILLIANT!!!
    Last edited by 45bvtc; 5th February 2014 at 16:47.
    sliced, Isaa and DAYTONA500 like this.

5th Gear

Status
    Never had this issue... Although people know not to mess with my cars or i'll have them haha

1 of the benefits of having a Glasweigan accent, sounds very aggresive when raised
    Audi history... Brilliant Red 2.0tfsi Quattro, Sprint Blue S3...

1st Gear

Status
    GF again being the worst offender :/ , that and make up on the textured dash which is a nightmare to get off.

c_w
    5th Gear

Status
    Cabin air pressure and the rubber seal will prevent any damage, no matter how hard it is "slammed". Never really had an issue with this execpet for the usual boot closing which as has been said, always sounds extreme from inside the car as the boot shuts.

2nd Gear

Status
    My misses is the same! The strength she must save up throughout her life just to slam my doors and boot is unreal. Last time she slammed the boot, I left her where she was standing in the car park.
    45bvtc, farzad, JudderMan and 1 others like this.
    Current:
    8P2 S3 Phantom Black | Sunroof, RNS-E, AMI, FBMFSW, Bluetooth, Auto lights & wipers, CHL, LED Interior light pack, Black Styling pack, Miltek Catback, MY11 rear lights and remapped by Unicorn Motor Developments

Previous:
    8P2 A3 2.0 TDI 170 S Line Quattro Grey | Remapped
    8L A3 1.9 Tdi 100 Sport Black | Remapped to 130

3rd Gear

Status
    It worse when a window or door is open as there is no air pressure and the slam sounds even worse, makes the car shake.
    2007 - Imola Yellow- Audi S3 - 305
    [8L BLOG] [8P BLOG]

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy1608 View Post
    My girlfriend also does this. Really annoys the **** out of me, big time grates on me actually. That's and crossing her legs in the car too so her ****ty shoe rubs on the glove box then normally somewhere down near the speaker grille
    I wouldn't have a problem with ladies leaving shoe marks on the headlining of my car{chance would be a fine thing}
    45bvtc and JudderMan like this.

2nd Gear

Status
    And why do ppl feel the need to touch every part of the door to close it or the windows or use the a pillar to lever them selves out

this is my other pet hate, I detest people touching stuff in the car, if its not the mirror its the windows. covers in greasy, sticking had prints. does my nut in!

2nd Gear

Status
    And why do ppl feel the need to touch every part of the door to close it or the windows or use the a pillar to lever them selves out 😡

this is my other pet hate, I detest people touching stuff in the car, if its not the mirror its the windows. covers in greasy, sticking had prints. does my nut in!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by T3nnant View Post
    To add to that, using the sun visor and not folding it back up.
    JudderMan and london jay like this.

1st Gear

Status
    In a 3 door and someone leaves the seat tilted forward .......
    smurfworth and Andy Crooks like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Nothing an open palmed swing across the chops wont solve
    CHEZ likes this.

Neutral

Status
    I'd love all your wifes/partners seeing you all *****ing about them here! haha. One that catches my missus out is when it's windy. Always prewarn but her fish brain seems to forget more or less instantly!
    farzad and JudderMan like this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by WilkyA3 View Post
    I'd love all your wifes/partners seeing you all *****ing about them here! haha. One that catches my missus out is when it's windy. Always prewarn but her fish brain seems to forget more or less instantly!
    Haha liked that!!! "Fish Brain"...

All women/girls have fish brains for these sort of stuff... but when it's time to remember something they will **** us all
    And all they say, don't be such a child about your car, you gonna sell this anyway... and gives you that dirty l@@k... you all know what I'm talking about...

I hope they somehow end up on this thread through Google search or something and see what they're actually doing is the worst could ever happen to men/boys

My GF probably knows about this stuff, but most of the ladies DON'T and they need to be trained...

I quite find this thread interesting as make me laugh reading through...
    JudderMan likes this.

Status
    Usually before my missus slams the door and the boot she likes to put the vents out of alignment just incase I was trying to keep my heart rate down. I know I obviously need professional help but misaligned vents do strange things to my head!
    Sandra, Andy Crooks, CHEZ and 3 others like this.
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post
    Usually before my missus slams the door and the boot she likes to put the vents out of alignment just incase I was trying to keep my heart rate down. I know I obviously need professional help but misaligned vents do strange things to my head!
    LOL. I guess you also like the symbol on the radio power button to be the right way up aswell?
    Andy Crooks likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    I guess the wives & GF's slam car doors as payback for men not putting the toilet seat down ......
    45bvtc likes this.

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by veeeight View Post
    I guess the wives & GF's slam car doors as payback for men not putting the toilet seat down ......
    but we only do that so the urine can drip off ....
    warren_S5, Sandra, Sevv and 4 others like this.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sabers View Post
    but we only do that so the urine can drip off ....
    Pmsl thats got to be the best comment i read on here tonight. x
    45bvtc and Isaa like this.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by warren_S3 View Post
    +1

I'm sure it's intentional/payback for something I've done which I'm not aware of.
    Current:
    8P2 S3 Phantom Black | Sunroof, RNS-E, AMI, FBMFSW, Bluetooth, Auto lights & wipers, CHL, LED Interior light pack, Black Styling pack, Miltek Catback, MY11 rear lights and remapped by Unicorn Motor Developments

Previous:
    8P2 A3 2.0 TDI 170 S Line Quattro Grey | Remapped
    8L A3 1.9 Tdi 100 Sport Black | Remapped to 130

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast