WHY DO PEOPLE ALWAYS SLAM THE DOOR!!

GF again being the worst offender :/ , that and make up on the textured dash which is a nightmare to get off.

+1 about the make up.

Foundation is banned, which is a good thing cus let's be honest your not fooling anyone trying to hide those blemishes, let alone making me annoyed at getting my black interior covered in white finger/hand marks!

Reactions: Isaa
LOL. I guess you also like the symbol on the radio power button to be the right way up aswell?

you have no idea it must be the right way up, along with the vents, and even the cigarette lighter if not hallucinations start to occur as if i was on LSD :p haha

you have no idea it must be the right way up, along with the vents, and even the cigarette lighter if not hallucinations start to occur as if i was on LSD :p haha

Along with the steering wheel (even while driving). :)

Along with the steering wheel (even while driving). :)

that would be disastrous haha, though a nice prank to play on the missus...you be like ummm honey OCD kicking in cant move the steering wheel must.. stay.. straight.. haha however you might get repercussions when it comes time to exit the car lovely vicious cycle, though when the car is parked it does have to be perfectly straight :D

GF again being the worst offender :/ , that and make up on the textured dash which is a nightmare to get off.

What are you doin' to get make-up on the dash anyway?
think.gif

I'm not doing anything , and somehow I never see her committing the crime .... Some sort of female magic can only explain it

Reactions: 45bvtc
Cabin air pressure and the rubber seal will prevent any damage, no matter how hard it is "slammed". Never really had an issue with this execpet for the usual boot closing which as has been said, always sounds extreme from inside the car as the boot shuts.

You've never had a window smashed as a result of someone overzealously slamming a car door then. It's something that will change your point of view pretty quick I'll bet.

Besides, closing a car door with just enough force isn't hard to do, and that's all that's needed really. Same as braking, you don't need to heave on the brakes just to stop at the traffic lights. Just enough is all that's needed.

My now wife. Slammed the car door once....told her not to since then hasn't which is a god send haha the power/volume button on my a4 has to be the right way up. It does my nut in and when people are sitting in the back the passenger seat needs to be level to mine haha I have issues.

Never had this issue... Although people know not to mess with my cars or i'll have them haha

1 of the benefits of having a Glasweigan accent, sounds very aggresive when raised

i also have never had this problem? maybe a Glasgow thing!!

Reactions: Sandra
And what about that double-slap-bang on the roof, as if to say I'm now out and you can go now...

That really used to **** me off when giving others a lift; even more so when I'd the roof down...

Reactions: Isaa
Its because most people drive a ****ing FORD. dont think ive ever been in one where you don't have to slam the door .

lol my bigger issue is when passengers swing the door open without looking.

My now wife. Slammed the car door once....told her not to since then hasn't which is a god send haha the power/volume button on my a4 has to be the right way up. It does my nut in and when people are sitting in the back the passenger seat needs to be level to mine haha I have issues.

Nice to know I'm not the only one that likes the seats level. LOL

And what about that double-slap-bang on the roof, as if to say I'm now out and you can go now...

That really used to **** me off when giving others a lift; even more so when I'd the roof down...

:lmfao: This one cracked me up.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Ahhhh this really grinds on me!! I hate passengers slamming my passengers for and boot!!! I never used to say anything but I do now, I can't sit there and let them slam it!

Never mind the door slamming I give my wife a blocking for. If my cig lighter symbol aint pointing the right way she get verbal from me! LOL

Reactions: london jay
Lol I thought it was just me that had all these OCD problems with the audi, good to see I'm not alone lol

Reactions: Dave4ku and london jay

It does my swede in when the rear seat belts are left all twisted too!

If you're dropping someone off, just tell them to leave the door open so when you drive off it shuts itself nicely :)

My pet hate was my wife putting her feet on the open glovebox lid. She was waiting for me to come back from the shop and as I got in and told her to not do that, the lid snapped. She's never done it again...

I also like the fact she calls it 'our' car 99% of the time and it's 'your stupid' car when it needs work done on it LOL.

Reactions: Phil-1, 45bvtc, Andy Crooks and 1 other person
Oh yeah, while I'm here...the toilet seat debate.

I'm 6ft'2 and my wife is 5ft'4. If the toilet seat is down, I have to bend down to reach it and with having a bad back these past few weeks that's not a good thing. If it's up or down for her, she is sitting down anyway and has gravity on her side, and her hands are closer to the seat anyway as she's shorter than me. Also, touching the toilet seat less means less spread of germs so if it's up, I don't touch it.

So, to put an end to the toilet seat debate: Women, stop being selfish and use logic instead of factless opinions :)

(please note, despite what I've said above, I do put the seat down as it makes the bathroom look cleaner/neater and I'm a bit OCD like that)

Reactions: Sandra and Phil-1
Better than having to go back out in the rain when you relies the interior light is on because the door not shut right.

I guess the wives & GF's slam car doors as payback for men not putting the toilet seat down ......

I welcome the abuse over the toilet seat now, took me nearly two years to finally get her to stop p*ssin in the sink

Reactions: JudderMan
My partner has the new polo and when you close the doors you have to give it a helping hand.
The problem is, even though I have told her and our 7 year old little sweet girl that the Audi does not require assistance, they both feel that on departure of my beloved car, there is the need to try and make the inside of the doors touch the inside of the doors on the other side of the car.:keule:
Winds me up a treat, I have tried all sorts, nothing works.
Until my latest comment, I said it's ok dear, the car only has to last 2 years because I have decided to change it every 24 months so keep slamming the doors.
Seems to have stopped;)

Slamming doors, getting out and swinging the seat belt buckle so it hits the outside of the car, leaving the seat belt buckle in the door frame and closing the door on it, leaving the vanity light on after they've finished using it, make up finger marks on the external rubber (that's my eldest daughter that!).

The list is endless.

I think it's much the same as women asking questions that are either pointless or impossible to answer, for example I'm driving along, my mobile is in the door pocket and I get a text, now I'm not going to see that text until I either look at it, or stop the car to look at it, but nevertheless "Who's that?"... how the Christ should I know, I haven't touched the phone yet!!!

Reactions: Fanboy, kanecullen89, Andy Crooks and 3 others
I must be the only one that thinks it's down to the strong recoil mechanism fitted to the hinges & not the passenger! The doors will practically slam themselves with the slightest provocation. :ninja:

I agree the hinge thing is ****. The first click I can never get out of and the next click there is never enough room to open door that wide in work car park. And it slams itself

This thread is brilliant - had me in stitches!

My pet hate was my wife putting her feet on the open glovebox lid. She was waiting for me to come back from the shop and as I got in and told her to not do that, the lid snapped. She's never done it again...

I had this but with the glove box closed. Still broke the hinge on one side though. A week later; "The glove box won't close". Slam Slam, as if to say 'your car is faulty'. Response "That's because you broke the hinge when you had your feet on it last week". Stony silence.....

As for door slamming: that's bad but the one that tips me over the edge is when someone doesn't close the door properly and it just catches on the latch; rather than pull the handle, open door and try again, they just push the door closed and usually with palms on the painted door panel as if they are giving the door CPR. Drives me nuts.

John.

Last edited:
The other thing I realised today was not only the they slam the doors, they change the seat adjustments... Leave their feet On dash... Playing with stereo n keep changing tracks... Leave the heater on whilst window open... If you are hot then why the **** are you leaving the heater on... Smashing the door to another car when trying to get in the car... Don't even give a ****...
N loads of other stufffffffffffffffff

lol my bigger issue is when passengers swing the door open without looking.

I caught someone out with my old Focus just before xmas, they just threw their door open and was out of the car by the time i realised and stopped. made a nice dent in my wing and bent the Puntos door back.

One thing that winds the partner up is when she gets out the mat unattaches from the toggle thing.

this is a real pet hate for me and i tell EVERYBODY who gets out not to slam the door !!! 1 friend tells other people for me now as i left him to find his own way home one day after i was sick of telling him but it wasnt sinking in :)

Reactions: Gun Metal Gunner
this is a real pet hate for me and i tell EVERYBODY who gets out not to slam the door !!! 1 friend tells other people for me now as i left him to find his own way home one day after i was sick of telling him but it wasnt sinking in :)

Lol. Bit harsh.