2.0tdi 170 Remap keeping the DPF

yeahhluke

Reaction score
Has anyone had a remap on their 170 tdi keeping the DPF?Ive done a little bit of reasearch and most companys are offering to gut the DPF along with the remap, but with the new MOT laws with the DPF I ideally want to keep it to avoid any further hasle down the line.Any advice or experience on this is appreciated.Thanks

Has anyone had a remap on their 170 tdi keeping the DPF?Ive done a little bit of reasearch and most companys are offering to gut the DPF along with the remap, but with the new MOT laws with the DPF I ideally want to keep it to avoid any further hasle down the line.Any advice or experience on this is appreciated.Thanks

its a grey area at the minute with MOT's but as far as we are aware its only a visual inspection. so as long as the dpf is present.
most good companies that offer dpf removal will take the dpf off gut it, weld back up and refit.
Its upto you as its your car, but its defo worth thinking about getting it done while you have the offer

If the DPF isn't causing you a problem then don't get it gutted and wait and see, if it becomes a problem you could always do it then

Reactions: T3nnant
as above.
But its worth asking if he will include an EGR delete... Most places offer and sometimes throw it in the deal.

Ran my 170 for over 10k with the DPF fitted with zero issues :)

That was a mixture of town, country and motorway driving

DPF only becomes an issue when the owner ignores the warning light, drives as per the manual and ends up doing more harm than good

If you get a warning light get it checked ASAP. 9/10 times its a sensor which has failed

Chances are if you map it to 205 it's less likely to become clogged cause you'll be that busy thrashing it cause they go really well

Im not having and issues with my DPF as im doing 60 - 70 miles a day on the A46.I think my origional question came over abit wrong as i was wondering if the DPF was restrictive or not really when the car gets a map.also ive had a quick look at the EGR delete, is that worth being done withour removing the DPF?Sorry for all the questions im new to diesel tuning :)thanks