Cruise control retrofit problems

moogie

Reaction score
Just got back home from retrofitting the cruise control stalk and a new electronics unit. While the mechanical part of the installation went just fine, I ran into a couple (most likely) coding related issues.

First of all, I now have a couple of error codes (unclearable) present. These are:

Address 03: ABS Brakes
Part No: 1K0 907 379 E
Component: ESP ALLRAD MK60 0104
Coding: 0021122
Shop #: WSC 06435

1 Fault Found:
00778 - Steering Angle Sensor (G85)
005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation

and

Address 44: Steering Assist
Part No: 1K1 909 144 H
Component: EPS_ZFLS Kl.3 1502

2 Faults Found:
02546 - Steering Limit Stop
00778 - Steering Angle Sensor (G85)

Quite likely due to these, both ESP and "steering wheel" lights are permanently lit on the dashboard. Neither ESP nor the steering assistant is functioning - the first being a minor issue, but the second is rather annoying as the steering is *really* heavy right now without the assistant.

Any ideas what I has to be done to "adapt/calibrate" the steering wheel position? I'm out of ideas right now, especially as the instructions I had didn't mention anything about this... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

And the second problem I had is that I was unable to enter the "login code" to the Engine control unit with Vag-com to enable to cruise functionality. All instructions refer to using the "login" button to do so, but mine is disabled - apparently due to the long coding style used in my control unit. Picture below:

vagcom-engine.jpg

Any help in either problem is most welcome!