Help with RNS-E

dandav1985

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a RNS-E sat nav HU in my s3 and I'm wanting to add a iPhone 5 connection, so that I can plug my iPhone in and listen to music. Is it possible? As the aux jack seems to be disconnected for the tv headrest which is begining to pee me off.

can you buy adaptors for the iPhone to work with the RNS-E.

cheers Dan

I just fitted a RNS-E into mine over the weekend, it came with a Dension G100 as part of the ebay buy. iPod Car Adapter | Dension

It uses the iPhone 4 30 pin connector and has a AUX port so i bought a 30pin to lighting (iPhone 5) adapter to go with it. I can change the tracks using the RNS-E controls and charge the phone at the same time.

Siddo, how do you find the Dension for ease of fitting and also sound quality/ease of use? Im looking into one for my A3 & would like any feedback please :)

It's brilliant, I had an aftermarket AUX system fitted before and I had it removed due to the poor quality!

I wasn't really looking to get one but it just came with the RNS-E so thought it was rude not to fit it! Very easy to install, plug and play, once I have the RNS-E coded correctly it may work even better, sound quality is spot on too!