RNS-E Detective re-retrofit! What used to be there?!

Connorb5anda

Reaction score
HI all,

I am looking to reinstall an RNS-E to my recently purchased S3 (56 plate).

I have come to the conclusion that the previous one was stolen, unfortunatly currently there is a shiddy alpine unit in the car. What makes me think RNSE used to be in the car is I have a MFSW and microphone in the interior light. I also get an error from VCDS:

2 Faults Found:
01304 - Radio
004 - No Signal/Communication
01301 - Control Module for Voice Recognition (J507)
004 - No Signal/Communication

I also have a phone cradle in the arm rest and have read that this comes fitted from factory with the bluetooth module, which should be under the passengers seat. However nothing is under there, and when removing the trim for seat cable there are only two (one for airbag and one for seat controls and heating) defiantly no BT module....

There is wiring in the glove-box which I guess is either for AMI or 6CD changer:

In short, I want to get an RNSE 193 G version, however want to double check that the bluetooth module is not hidden anywhere else other than under the passengers seat. As I will get one of these too but dont want to end up with two!

Also I have a shark fin aerial - i havn't done any research into if this indicates anything....

So I guess my questions are:

I can remove the radio and try to chase back some cbles however didnt think this would get me too far, however am very open to suggestions!

Could the bluetooth module be anywhere else?
Is bluetooth needed for SDS?
Should I check anywhere else for wiring ect before purchasing?
Can I tell if the wiring in the glovebox is for 6CD or AMI?

Ideally I would like to end up with RNSE & BT but just want to make sure everythings in places before purchasing anything I have to!

Thanks to anyone taking the time to read!

Last edited: