having owned my first ever Audi for just over 3 weeks i have some questions to ask to the people with greater knowledge.
I have spent many hours Google'ing and researching the forum here but some of my questions require a personal approach as i haven't been able to find correct answers. Quick background info... its a 3dr 2.0tdi SE 2004. 98k on the clock
Issues with the car:
Thanks for reading, if you got this far :D
- Clock.. This keeps on randomly resetting itself, Sometimes it will stay on and sometimes it resets every time i turn on the car. Did some research and some people have been suggesting its the battery, but then my trip computer would be reset too? and My radio frequencies? Or is the Trip computer on a different circuit? Could it be the battery? Car seems to start fine but sometimes struggles.. Not sure. Others have suggested that its a relay or a fuse somewhere. Don't want to buy a new battery to then find out it wasn't the issue.
- Sometimes when the car is cold i can hear a rattling noise somewhere in the engine, as soon as i press any amount of accelerator this sound is gone but when released comes back again. Spoke to a seat owner and i was told it was the Idle pulley? Is this something i should be concerned/ worried about?
- Engine light is on.. I knew this when buying the car from a PX dealer.. Hooked it up to one of those OBE? testers, got a code and google'd it. Apparently its the Throttle body. When i was getting my car valeted at Audi my friend hooked it up to the Audi diagnostics who confirmed it was the throttle body... Now everywhere i look on ebay they seem to be about £220 new and a bit cheaper used.. Not sure whether i should Buy one online and fit it myself or get a dealer to do it? I only ask because I've heard they need adjusting Via VAG-COM after fitting? To which i have no access to.
- Should my cluster look like the picture? 20140112_191648_zpsqezwag7m.jpg I only ask because my car doesn't have the middle screen showing certain stats but there is space for the screen? Cant tell MPG etc? Or was this part of only selected models? Shouldn't my "special edition" have it.?
- Any other general things i should know about?
Sorry for the long questions but this is my first personally owned car and i invested a lot of money into buying this so i would like to get it to a fully working condition and then look into other options. Any help is greatly appreciated.