Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    171

    Installed Pioneer, no sound from rear speakers?

    Bought a Pioneer AVH-X7500BT to replace my single DIN stereo. Got it in, however back speakers aren't working?

    Tried an adaptor from halfords that allows all the 3 connectors from the car to be connected but still no luck? Don't understand what I could be missing tut any ideas?

    The stereo is this >> AVH-X7500BT Pioneer - Navigation, GPS - Car*Entertainment in case the helps.

    Thanks!
    Last edited by DriverN00B; 30th January 2014 at 20:56.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SW London
    Posts
    751
    Two things:

    One, make sure the remote on the autoleads loom is connected to the remote output on the pioneer loom and not the power antenna. Remote is usually blue with white trace, antenna is solid blue. If that does not work, run the remote cable on the autoleads loom to the ignition switch. You may need to mod your wires a little to make it work.

    Once you're certain that the amp is getting the remote feed, try fade your sound to the rear a little. I tend to find that the rears are always quiet in comparison to the fronts after a head unit change from factory to aftermarket.
    2006 Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-Line 8P2 PD170 - Dolphin Grey Metallic - The problem child
    1994 VW Golf VR6 - Mystic Blue - The money thief
    VCDS User

  4. #3
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    171
    I'll take a look at it as soon as the cars back, I'll post a picture as well if that's okay?

  5. #4
    y2kcurran's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Fermanagh, N.Ireland
    Posts
    68
    I have the same problem, is your sub in the boot working? Mines not :/
    “Whiskey, like a beautiful woman, demands appreciation. You gaze first, then it's time to drink.”
    Haruki Murakami, Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World

  6. #5
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by y2kcurran View Post
    I have the same problem, is your sub in the boot working? Mines not :/
    Don't have a sub in the back... are your rear speakers working? What wires have you wired up?

    Followed Sidhu's instructions and viola, working perfectly. Needed a smartlead from Halfords though.

  7. #6
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SW London
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by DriverN00B View Post
    Don't have a sub in the back... are your rear speakers working? What wires have you wired up?

    Followed Sidhu's instructions and viola, working perfectly. Needed a smartlead from Halfords though.
    If you've got a rear amped system then u do have a sub in the boot. Hold ur hand on the left panel in the boot when a songs playing ull be able to feel the vibration.
    2006 Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-Line 8P2 PD170 - Dolphin Grey Metallic - The problem child
    1994 VW Golf VR6 - Mystic Blue - The money thief
    VCDS User

  8. #7
    1st Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    167
    Hi mate,

    The lead you used to work with your pioneer headunit, does it have RCAs?
    If so you need to plug in the RCAs to allow the rear speakers to work.

    I got an S3 with the bose speakers with double din pioneer unit and i needed the RCAs plugged in to make the rears work.

    Here is the lead i bought to make my system work (front and rears speakers and steering wheel controls)
    AUDI A3 A4 TT Steering Control Adaptor Phone Button Support CTSAD002.2 Pioneer | eBay

    You can see the lead has RCA outputs which need to be plugged in specifically for rear speakers

    Hope this helps

    Will
    Last edited by willz17; 2nd February 2014 at 13:45.

  9. #8
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SW London
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by willz17 View Post
    Hi mate,

    The lead you used to work with your pioneer headunit, does it have RCAs?
    If so you need to plug in the RCAs to allow the rear speakers to work.

    I got an S3 with the bose speakers with double din pioneer unit and i needed the RCAs plugged in to make the rears work.

    Here is the lead i bought to make my system work (front and rears speakers and steering wheel controls)
    AUDI A3 A4 TT Steering Control Adaptor Phone Button Support CTSAD002.2 Pioneer | eBay

    You can see the lead has RCA outputs which need to be plugged in specifically for rear speakers

    Hope this helps

    Will
    U've got a double din with quadlock whereas he had a single din with ISO connectors. The lead he is using should have a high level connector as opposed to the low level (Rca) connector u have on urs. The only advantage i've come across from using the low level is reduced signal noise from the speakers.
    2006 Audi A3 2.0 TDI S-Line 8P2 PD170 - Dolphin Grey Metallic - The problem child
    1994 VW Golf VR6 - Mystic Blue - The money thief
    VCDS User

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 17th January 2011, 14:41
  2. sony stereo and the back speakers not workin
    By rik_t2005 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 4th May 2009, 23:53
  3. Coilovers fitted -knocking from back
    By g60leigh in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29th March 2008, 17:47
  4. will 10"x18" wheel fit on the back of an S3??
    By leecs3 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 18th June 2006, 12:18
  5. Audio Advice - Replacing back speakers running off amp + a sub
    By imported_ZeroK66 in forum A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 31st May 2005, 23:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO