Will RS3 Brake fit an S3 Sportback?

turbomook

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, I've just bought a 58 plate Audi S3 sportback. I collect it in just under 2 weeks.

This has probably been answered before, but im wanting to know do RS3 brakes fit directly onto an S3? And are they better than the standard brakes? I don't know much about the difference's between them.

Thanks

Thanks for that mate, so its TTRS brakes id need? The car has OZ Racing 18inch 9-spoke ALLEGGERITA HLT alloy wheels

TTRS brakes and discs. Need to know the width and offset of the wheels as not come across anyone yet running them. It's very dependent on the shape of the back of the spokes as well.

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum, I've just bought a 58 plate Audi S3 sportback. I collect it in just under 2 weeks.

This has probably been answered before, but im wanting to know do RS3 brakes fit directly onto an S3? And are they better than the standard brakes? I don't know much about the difference's between them.

Thanks

To be honest the S3 brakes are very impressive - I have fitted them to my remapped A3 2.0 TDI and they are seriously good. For the sake of £600+ I wouldn't upgrade the whole lot. Just buy some upgraded discs and pads (USR discs and some green/yellowstuff pads for example) that will increase the stopping power. :)

Second to that unless you are or are planning on running stage 2+ then I would say stick with the standard ones.

s3 brakes are good on stock power but they give up easily after few laps on track. on stage 2+ they don't give much confidence. ttrs brakes are best combo imho if you consider the price you can get them for and the upgraded power. i've got 2nd hand set barely used really cheap.

s3 brakes are good on stock power but they give up easily after few laps on track. on stage 2+ they don't give much confidence. ttrs brakes are best combo imho if you consider the price you can get them for and the upgraded power. i've got 2nd hand set barely used really cheap.

I agree hence my previous comment - but the OP didn't mention anything about going on a track or having his car stage 2+ so like I said great for now unless hes going to upgrade everything - also on a track he would need to upgrade more than just the brakes! But I like that fact you mentioned you have a set really cheap cheeky b*stard :undwech: :p

Reactions: S. and P40 THN
you just have to have patience and bid at the right time :D

The TT-RS brakes are amazing, great upgrade if you can get them at decent price. S3 brakes are heavy, unsprung weight is killer. They are lighter more responsive and look amazing and can stop a train lol.

Thanks for the info everyone, I should of said but the car is stage 2 and running around 360-370bhp.

i definitely want to upgrade the brakes as my Mk2 Focus also used to get bad brake fade once I tuned it up to 420bhp.

S. feel free to message me details and price please mate.

Thanks
Mike