Oil Light

autolatry

Reaction score
Morning chaps, on the way to work this morning my oil light came on (centre display), i pulled over straight away and checked the level and that was OK. I restarted the car and it wasnt on, i drove about 2 miles and it came back on.
I checked the level again and all seems fine?

In any case i dumped the car at a friends as I was half way between my house and the office and didnt want to drive it.

Anyone got any ideas? faulty switch maybe? the oil pick up was cleaned when the engine work was done.
There wasnt any leaks apparent when I was on my knees in my suit in the rain at 7am this mornning looking under the car ***

Thanks for that. Tonight I will give it an oil change and check the sensor.
Only thing thats changed since I last drove it is a new outer CV joint, a ball joint and i topped the transer box up with oil.
So cant think I would have knocked something or pulled a wire.

Thanks for that. Tonight I will give it an oil change and check the sensor.
Only thing thats changed since I last drove it is a new outer CV joint, a ball joint and i topped the transer box up with oil.
So cant think I would have knocked something or pulled a wire.

Is it the oil level or pressure light ,hopefully it's not pressure after the blood,sweat and tears you have put into the car.

Think it was just the level? I note we don't have a oil can symbol on normal dash lights do we?

I've driven a couple of miles tonite and it hasn't happened again.
I haven't put the under tray back on since the rebuild and it was raining this morning, I wonder if the sensor on the sump got wet.

Last edited:
I have just cheked the oil pressure, at idle it's 20psi (1.5 bar) and at around 2000rpm is around 55psi (3.8 bar)

I think that's ok, I was told auto data says 50psi at 2000rpm.

So il swap the oil pressure switch and see what happens.

guess which bell end then forgot to remove the pressure gauge valve and put the bolt back in the port?:arco:

Oil

had to run to B&M and buy some cat litter to try soak it up.........think the property manager will have something to say on Monday morning.

After cleaning it up...
Get some cement paint and give it 2 coats and done (40min in between), then you're done and could hardly tell...
Remember you need to blend the paint with brush... to the clean areas...

Finally got round to changing the oil pressure sensor today. It was a ball ache as the entire front end had to come off.

It has fixed the problem though so all good. The sensor on the car, well the electrical connector was full of oil!