2008 A3 1.8Tfsi - Ipod Dock / Connection

WillHarris2306

Reaction score
More of a reader than a poster tbh but i've just sold my 2.0Tdi 170 and bought a slightly later 1.8Tfsi which i'm really pleased with.

Hopefully someone in the know can help me with this...

My question is related to the iPod dock / cable in the glovebox which i didn't have on my Tdi but would like to use on this car if poss.

In the manual it says that the dock is compatible only with certain devices namely: iPod 20GB, 30GB, 40GB, 60GB, 80GB, iPod Mini, iPod Nano (2nd Gen) and iPod Photo. These sound like older apples which i have no problem with as long as they play the music. Now the car is a 2008 (08) and i'm thinking / hoping that the manual only lists these devices as they were the current ones at the time, and that perhaps later ones will work and charge ok.

I have an iPhone 5 and iPad 4 but was thinking of buying a cheap Nano on eBay just to permanently connect to the dock (my iPhone and iPad have lightning cable connections anyway so wouldn't work). Has anyone connected later Nano's that play and charge ok with a 2008 car? The funny thing is 1st Gen Nano's are starting to get expensive as they're becoming collectors items!

Apologies if this has come up before, but any advice would be much appreciated.

I have a 2010 2.0 TFSI and the manual states the same as yours, I have a ipod nano 4th gen plugged in and left in there all the time and it plays fine

All apple works I've got the dock in my 61 plate a3 using an iPhone 4 now using the iPhone 5 using the 30 pin to lightening adapter with no issues