Replace interior Light housing swap

This will be a direct replacement for your current interior light but I 'think' you need to turn the 'Ambient Lights' on via VCDS, all other lights (map, main lights) will work straight away.

By the way, the price for the one in the link you sent is HUGE for an interior light. If your not in any rush to get it, I would wait around and search on fleabay for a 2nd hand unit at much much less. I brought one on fleabay for £40 and was in near perfect condition. They don't come up often but will be waaaaaaay cheaper!

Thanks for this, I did wonder if that maybe the case regarding the price I have spotted a few come and go but these have been white/beige ones... Will keep my eye out for one...

Yea the black ones seem to be pretty rare!

I purchased a beige one then just sprayed it satin black to match my interior colour.

Make sure you DON'T purchase the interior light for the 8L Audi A3 as despite looking very similar, they will NOT fit.

i have a beige one for sale, check the for sale thread.

Thanks for this, I did wonder if that maybe the case regarding the price I have spotted a few come and go but these have been white/beige ones... Will keep my eye out for one...

How much of a pain in the rear is it to respray? I have a father in the trade, depending on his willingness to spray a bit of plastic is obviously dependent!

This will be a direct replacement for your current interior light but I 'think' you need to turn the 'Ambient Lights' on via VCDS, all other lights (map, main lights) will work straight away.

By the way, the price for the one in the link you sent is HUGE for an interior light. If your not in any rush to get it, I would wait around and search on fleabay for a 2nd hand unit at much much less. I brought one on fleabay for £40 and was in near perfect condition. They don't come up often but will be waaaaaaay cheaper!

I installed that same unit the other day from Euro Stores.

If you have Blue Tooth don't forget to swap that over.

My ambience lights are working and I do not think that Nigel (NHN) did any coding for it on VCDS.

Really easy to paint. Just bright some Plastic Primer and Satin Black Spray can for Plastics and looks just like the OEM, matches my interior perfectly.

Not sure how much experience you have had with painting but it's not that hard. 'Softly' sand down the surface to remove previous paint and any defects, etc, then prime and then paint. Instructions are on the cans and if you mess it up, just sand down again and re-do it.

I installed that same unit the other day from Euro Stores.

If you have Blue Tooth don't forget to swap that over.

My ambience lights are working and I do not think that Nigel (NHN) did any coding for it on VCDS.

I wasn't sure but thought they ambient lights needed coding, like the footwell/puddle lights, etc...... guess not lol

I wasn't sure but thought they ambient lights needed coding, like the footwell/puddle lights, etc...... guess not lol
They don't need coding - I have fitted one to mine and it worked no problem.

when you spray the light doesn't it cover the illuminated button symbols ?

i just used the A3L light all parts fit and there less than £20.

Yea the black ones seem to be pretty rare!

I purchased a beige one then just sprayed it satin black to match my interior colour.

Make sure you DON'T purchase the interior light for the 8L Audi A3 as despite looking very similar, they will NOT fit.

the 8L one is perfect for donor parts the insides fit and the buttons and panel for the map lights fits perfect on the 8p frame

Search for A4 lights on ebay as well, I found one for 30 quid and it's the same item,

Reactions: radhaz
Is that coming from just the interior light to the reading light + ambient light? Keeping an eye on the bay from now on... Don't want to spend too much as I need to save up for the RNS-E!

Thanks.

Everyone I seem to find listed on eBay. Says b6/b7. Like they are the same...
I presume they are different?

I have a light grey one arriving from a German supplier off Flebay which I ordered yesterday, an OEM part with the LEDs. However, today I have spotted an A3 which I am going to view tomorrow and hope to buy - I can return the German one to the supplier, or sell it on if anyone is interested. It should arrive in the next couple of days.

Note - the ones at Stoke Audi Parts don't have the LED unit as far as I know. They did, however, tell me it would be a straight swap in without VCDS recoding.

I have a light grey one arriving from a German supplier off Flebay which I ordered yesterday, an OEM part with the LEDs. However, today I have spotted an A3 which I am going to view tomorrow and hope to buy - I can return the German one to the supplier, or sell it on if anyone is interested. It should arrive in the next couple of days.

Note - the ones at Stoke Audi Parts don't have the LED unit as far as I know. They did, however, tell me it would be a straight swap in without VCDS recoding.

If the price is right and your parting with it ill have it!

For those that enquired, I hope I have private messaged you, I don't want to start a Classified's ad on here as I'm in the wrong thread for that

If your interior is the same as all the other 8p versions then yes .
as its only on the 8L and new 8V that there is differences

I have what I hope is some useful information. Firstly, my replacement ambient lighting kit finally arrived from Germany today. It is an original part, number 8E0 947 135 D 9NQ. It is the light gray version. When I enquired of Audi Stoke whether it would be a direct swap or need coding, they reckoned it would not need coding. I believe you have to move the alarm module from your existing unit to the new unit.

I am planning to return this to the supplier under distance selling as I bought a different A3 while I was waiting for delivery and the new one already has one fitted ! However, I will list it in the For Sale section for 48 hours in case anyone wants to take it off me before I return it.

Additionally, I had thought of converting a previous model A4 unit. I have looked at both units and, apart from the gray of the A4 version being a different colour (Part number 8E0 947 135 A EC3), it is rather dirty - it looks like it could be a direct swap for the A3 and I have seen a thread that suggests so. I know that Audi Stoke sell the ambient LED part for about £15. Again, this will be listed in the For Sale section in case anyone is interested.

I live in Dunstable, and am travelling to Ellesmere Port on Tuesday, if that helps anyone.

New part
DSCN1886DSCN1889

Side by Side comparison
DSCN1890
DSCN1892