• 1 Post By s3_trev
  • 3 Post By S3Alex
  • 2 Post By Gfermer
  • 2 Post By S.

Thread: REVO CAI Ceramic Coated

3rd Gear

Status

REVO CAI Ceramic Coated

Hey folks just wanted to share this pic with you. Got this installed by my local REVO dealer a few nights ago. Very happy with it. Just need a TTS engine cover now!

Any thoughts / questions welcome.
    voorhees, S3Alex, Kelza and 1 others like this.

Audi S3 8P3 / REVO Stage 1 / REVO Ceramic Intake / NGK Iridium Spark Plugs / LOBA HPFP / Philips Diamond Vision 5000k Fog Light Bulbs /
    KW V3 Coilovers / Team HEKO Wind Deflectors / Bridgestone Potenza S001 92Y Tyres / Complete LED Bulb Conversion (int' + ext') / Ashtray Delete /
    TTS Engine Cover / Alpine 928r Multimedia Station (8in screen) with integrated Bluetooth, Sat Nav etc / Ross-Tech VCDS Owner.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Rarely neutral

Status
    I do think the Revo looks the part and seems very well made.

Unfortunately neither it nor the AMD will fit mine so I'm "stuck" with my custom ITG which is functional but not pretty.

3rd Gear

Status
    Nothing wrong with the ITG

Its the next best thing as far as performance according to the research I done! Very big cone in them though dont you think?

edit: as yours is custom it may be even better than my standard revo...
    S3Alex likes this.

Audi S3 8P3 / REVO Stage 1 / REVO Ceramic Intake / NGK Iridium Spark Plugs / LOBA HPFP / Philips Diamond Vision 5000k Fog Light Bulbs /
    KW V3 Coilovers / Team HEKO Wind Deflectors / Bridgestone Potenza S001 92Y Tyres / Complete LED Bulb Conversion (int' + ext') / Ashtray Delete /
    TTS Engine Cover / Alpine 928r Multimedia Station (8in screen) with integrated Bluetooth, Sat Nav etc / Ross-Tech VCDS Owner.

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3_trev View Post
    Nothing wrong with the ITG

Its the next best thing as far as performance according to the research I done! Very big cone in them though dont you think?

edit: as yours is custom it may be even better than my standard revo...
    At the time I bought it,the ITG was the best by far but the look is strictly functional where the Revo not only works well but also looks good.

Mines custom in that there was a fair bit of work required to get the whole thing to actually fit the turbo system.

Big cone..... Like that!

3rd Gear

Status
    Your car in general is an absolute beast! Been following your thread closely. I have no intentions if going as far as you. Im gonna take it to stage 2 + and will be happy enough with that! Will start to concentrate on other bits then like upgrading the handling etc..
    S3Alex likes this.

Rarely neutral

Status

REVO CAI Ceramic Coated

Quote Originally Posted by s3_trev View Post
    Your car in general is an absolute beast! Been following your thread closely. I have no intentions if going as far as you. Im gonna take it to stage 2 + and will be happy enough with that! Will start to concentrate on other bits then like upgrading the handling etc..
    Thanks very much.

It's people here and on VAGOC that are to blame for that.
    I wasn't going to do anything to it before coming here and Stg2+ was going to be the limit after that etc so be warned!

The handling is well worth sorting and adds more pace to the car by not wobbling around so much.

Keep going and enjoy it.
    Last edited by S3Alex; 27th January 2014 at 01:47.
    voorhees, wanton and s3_trev like this.

2nd Gear

Status
    I've got the revo cai get the engine cover and spray it with satin black paint from halfords looks really good done mine after guy on here told me if you look at my started threads there's one about intake and there is pics
    Revo Steve-W and s3_trev like this.

S.
    5th Gear

Status
    looks luuuuuuuurvly :D
    just needs tts engine cover an r8 oil cap to be perfect
    like this
    Revo Steve-W and s3_trev like this.
    s3 Ibis White ... Build Thread

/ Black Grill / FbMfSw / Sunroof / Hill Hold / Armrest / Black Leather-Alcantara interior / Rear Parking Sensors / Heated Seats / Folding Mirrors / Cruise / Rns-e mk2 // ttrs-Brembo Brakes / 12mm spacers / Forge Short + Side Shift / 42dd's / ITG CAI / GfB DV+ / Forge Catch Can / Milltek TBE / Forge Twin IC/ Autotech HpFp / H&R ARB's / WALK / KW v3's / RS4 fpr / Loba&Sachs clutch / Revo Stage 2+ / ...

3rd Gear

Status
    Thanks for tips everyone. Yeah the R8 oil cap is on the list too!