A3 8P or Golf Mk6

Drove really well. Actually better than my black edition but that's probably down to the slightly softer ride in the golf

Reactions: GrumpyOldWesty
Hard to tell really as I only had a quick test drive in the golf. Golf was certainly way more comfortable than my Black Edition but then again a plank of wood straddling two wheels made from granite would be more comfy than the Audi

Reactions: wuta3 and Alex_007
Which car seems nippier?

Golf seems quicker and more nimble. However it's probably down to the golf weighing 200 kilos less than my Sportback.

Build quality on the golf is nowhere near as good as the Audi though. Having said that my Audi passenger door is farting when I have music on.

I did say that I came from a mk6 gtd to my S3 and the build quality of the golf was a joke.
The rear door trims were hollow and the dash creaked and rattled and in comparison to my S3 handling wasn't great either.

I had for years a mk5 Gt golf tdi 2004 laser blue I did the gti bumper conversation and had a set of the 18 Charleston alloys and it looked nice! Then I saw a very clean Leon fr tdi (170) 2007 in red with the 18's so sold the Golf and thought it was the car for me until I learned about DPF's!! So sold that after it needed re-genning a few times, I've now got a A3 tdi sport and I would say it's the best build quality of them all but would consider a mk6 golf as my next car.

Don't bother ! Already had, by the looks of it DPF issues and I have only had it a fortnight and hardly used it ! Everyone seems to be jumping on the diesel band wagon and nobody makes a decent petrol engine anymore for people who want to use their cars seldomly without having to squeeze into a 1 litre super mini.

At this stage I think I should have held out for a mint 1.4tsi A3 sport

Golf now going. Too many issues with DPF and soot and ash loadings.

Build quality is tosh compared to the old mk4 and 5 golfs, far too many creaks and squeaks for me. On top of this it need a new rear shocker. Terrible for a 4 year old car.

Pick up a 1.8T 8P Black Edition hopefully at the end of this month. just waiting on a plate change.

IMG 2104