Anyone noticed - when your wipers are in "wash" mode

OutLore

VOIP Dude
Reaction score
That you can manually move them? I dont mean pull them off the screen, but make them sweep the screen, by hand?

I only just found out today when washing the car - it's very useful....

Do you mean when they are in 'service' mode or do you mean that when you have left them on a 'wipe' setting and turned off the ignition that you can move the blades across the screen by hand?

[ QUOTE ]
how do you get it in wash mode again ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Turn on the ignition, turn off the ignition, take key out, turn on wipers.

They should move 1/2 way and stop.....

[ QUOTE ]
Do you mean when they are in 'service' mode or do you mean that when you have left them on a 'wipe' setting and turned off the ignition that you can move the blades across the screen by hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah "Service" mode....

Havent tried moving them when they aren't in service/wash whatever - they can probably be moved all the time or something, lol......

[ QUOTE ]
Cool!! Something new!!! any other tips?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

The big round thing inside makes the car turn in different directions (try looking just in front of all the pretty little clocks if you're struggling to find it).

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The big round thing inside makes the car turn in different directions (try looking just in front of all the pretty little clocks if you're struggling to find it).

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get in your car and can;t find the wheel in front of you get out and walk roujnd to the other side of the car and try again....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just don't turn it too quickly or it'll lock up. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good tip! Thanks guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Heres a top tip

Has anyone tried to Put the DSG into PARK when travelling at over 40mph ?

[ QUOTE ]

Heres a top tip

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

on and old triumph... On my father-in-laws rover 75 thing he had as a company car it didn't lock the wheels if you where shifting....

[ QUOTE ]
ok, anyone tried revving the nuts off and dumping it into d?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah... its crap, just pulls away normally.

There is a kind of launch control though... hold the brake with it in D/S/M, floor it, and let go of the brake 1/2 second later. Best with ESP off, but I dont think it does the gearbox internals any good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, it's called "neutral drop",best done with esp switched off!

[/ QUOTE ]

mmm not to be tried int he wet with a 3.2 Q. done this last week at the lights.
Sat there for Days !! with all 4 wheels spinning, moving slowy sideways /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Id still be there now, if it wasn't for the fact i got fed up and took my foot off the throttle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Here's a top tip

[/ QUOTE ]

well ill tell you all, It Enters A.A.D.M.P

which means

Audi's Advanced Drift Mode Program.

All the power is instantly taken to the rear wheels, the front wheels enter Neutral Mode.
If you Power down on the throttle the back end sways from side to side.
The engine goes into S.M.M (super map mode) with over 300 BHP instantly powering just the rear wheels.

If anyone has seen the New Dukes of Hazzard you will know how it handles round the roundabouts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now wouldn't that be good if it were true ! LOL !!

[ QUOTE ]
There is a kind of launch control though... hold the brake with it in D/S/M, floor it, and let go of the brake 1/2 second later. Best with ESP off, but I dont think it does the gearbox internals any good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that they've got rid of the real launch control? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

i.e. ESP off, Sport mode, selected, left foot on brake, rightfoot floored (revs should not red line but told and 5.5krpm) and then when you come off the brake it flies.

It's still there isn't it? It used to be as I surprised the boke from the dealership when I tested it. He had no idea! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Depends on the model - Launch Control only there on the 6 cylinder models.

[ QUOTE ]
Depends on the model - Launch Control only there on the 6 cylinder models.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although there was a guy here from outside the UK with a TDi that had it....

I wonder if there is a way to turn it on and off with VAGcom?