New Tyres in the North West? Check This out!

Jay.Ing

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
So i needed two new tyres for my black edition, got a few quotes here and there, and to be honest all were comparable, including the stealers!

So i decided to go the stealers because i didn't want the local tyre fitters to damage anything, well, that was a mistake!

mmmmm! look at my shiny new rubber, OH AND MY SCRATCH THAT RUNS ALL THE WAY ROUND MY ALLOY!!!!!!!
And to top it off, i reckon for the tracking, they have done the other side too, yes, thats right, BOTH F***ING SIDES!!!
:gun2:

After complaining they are trying to find me some refurb wheels in pristine condition, that was two weeks ago!

So Question is, how long do i give them until i demand they fix it right away??

Which stealers caused the damage? I'd be demanding they pay to refurb your wheels or supply new ones not hunt around for some old wheels.

Reactions: Andy Crooks
Yeah I'm In agreement, would be far easier for them just to pay to have yours repaired. Can imagine your not happy at all, I certainly wouldn't be.

Reactions: Jay.Ing
If the wheel was previously pristine, they should give you a replacement, have the damaged wheel refurbished and add it to their own stock. Two weeks is plenty of time, I'd now be asking for an immediate solution.

I would demand a new wheel. It will never be the same even after. It is refurbished.
They should have taken more care.

Working for a main dealer, who also carries out full refurbishments of wheels we would be made to replay that not repair it.

Good luck with it all.

I wouldn't accept a refurb. They weren't refurbed before so why should they be now?
It's not your fault and a refurb would invalidate any warranty or goodwill if any corrosion occurs on it in the future.
2 weeks is more patient than I'd be so I'd be back in touch.

I'd be demanding new alloys.
I've never seen refurbished diamond cut alloys that are factory finish.
You would need to get all 4 done if you wanted them to match.

Good luck. Don't take any s**t off them!
After all, that's the reason you didn't put it to some dodgy back street place.
Piece of mind is it not.

If there's any doubt, specify they be careful before they start work so it is known to them that you want the wheels looked after. Obviously one would expect them to be anyway, but if you put in their mind that you will be checking after it's likely to have an influence than the fitter just slapping the wheel on the machine and not taking much care.

I have done this with Costco and before the fitted started work on the car he confirmed what scratches were already there (the wheels were A1 except a scratch on one wheel).

I would also get onto Audi UK about it and find out which group owns the main dealer, there is usually someone very high up you complain to who kicks **** !

I had something similar on my S3 a couple of years ago. I had a puncture that needed a new tyre and so I took the wheel only to my local Audi dealer and asked specifically if they could replace the tyre without doing any damage what so ever to the rim. They said that there would be no need to worry and it would be immaculate. I wet to pick up the wheel later on in the day and the outside was perfect but the inside rim was all chewed up. To start with they said that it would not be seen as it was on the inside! As you know the corrosion starts when the paint/ lacquer is damaged. I reminded them about their promise as I left the wheel with them in the morning. They replaced the wheel for me but my wheel was put onto a new car they were having as a demo. I was happy but I am sure the eventual owner of the demo car was not impressed!!!!!