wahoo what a result !!!

Napbree

Reaction score
So my car is in the garage getting a new turbo, and I was promised it would be done on Friday gone. Except I get a phone call saying, nope it hasn't been done because when they quoted they made a mistake, they quoted 4 hours, but because its a quattro its 8 hours, so it's going to take longer. They aren't going to charge me for their mistake obviously, it's just not going to be done till monday now.

I'm not much of a mechanic but as I came off the phone I started questioning if this was true, correct me if I'm wrong but how would the quattro system get in the way of the turbo?

Can someone confirm please?

Thanks

Turbo is at rear of engine, transfer box/driveshafts? is maybe in the way, hence hampering removal.

i know that the exhaust is harder to remove if a quattro (i was looking to gut the pre cat) and obviously thats joined the back of the turbo, but 4 hours more? probably not true, might be tho!

Need to unbolt the propshaft at the front to get the exhaust out

It is a bit of a pain to get out.

This dark picture might show why.....

Prop shaft ,oil lines and various other bits to get out of the way.

So my car is in the garage getting a new turbo, and I was promised it would be done on Friday gone. Except I get a phone call saying, nope it hasn't been done because when they quoted they made a mistake, they quoted 4 hours, but because its a quattro its 8 hours, so it's going to take longer. They aren't going to charge me for their mistake obviously, it's just not going to be done till monday now.

I'm not much of a mechanic but as I came off the phone I started questioning if this was true, correct me if I'm wrong but how would the quattro system get in the way of the turbo?

Can someone confirm please?

Thanks

If there not charging you for the extra hours then don't worry about it.

Your now getting it done for cheaper.

Don't see a problem here, In fact looks like you've has a great result
Maybe change title to 'wahoo what a result'

Don't see a problem here, In fact looks like you've has a great result
Maybe change title to 'wahoo what a result'

Haha doesn't effect me either way because warranty company is paying out.

But thanks for the clarification, maybe I should stop being an ungrateful ****** that thinks everyone's out to get me.

Reactions: Alex_007 and ron burgandy
I think it's a credible question, that you were expecting the car back yesterday and it's now not until Monday and is the dealer telling the truth on it now taking longer!

Haha doesn't effect me either way because warranty company is paying out.

But thanks for the clarification, maybe I should stop being an ungrateful ****** that thinks everyone's out to get me.

Haha don't be to paranoid, they made a **** up and it's to your advantage . Happy days

Last edited:
I think it's a credible question, that you were expecting the car back yesterday and it's now not until Monday.

Yes it's because they made a mistake pricing the job up as a non Quattro model, the Quattro model takes longer to do as they explained to him

Self explanatory really from the 1st post I thought but...

Yes it's because they made a mistake pricing the job up as a non Quattro model, the Quattro model takes longer to do as they explained to him

Self explanatory really from the 1st post I thought but...

Are you seriously suggesting I didn't get this? :jester: I was just saying the OP had posed a credible question about what the dealers told him was the reason for the longer wait...he didn't know hence the post but then thought he was being daft. The fact he's getting it free and being honoured is a secondary and irrelevant point but seems to be the main focus when in fact it was not the point of the post!! lol.

Last edited:
Hmm, maybe haha, no I'm not but Quite a few people have stated the answer to his question though about why it would take longer .

Hmm, maybe haha, no I'm not but Quite a few people have stated the answer to his question though about why it would take longer .

Which is why it was a credible question...

For the avoidance of doubt, I wasn't reiterating the question lol

Which is why it was a credible question...

For the avoidance of doubt, I wasn't reiterating the question lol

Ah I see .... The penny just dropped hahah

I have a very bad hangover soon to be cured with another drink.

Well all I would personally care is if I will be given a courtesy car for the time being...
What car is it that needs the turbo changed?