Rubber

Eeef

Lord of War
Reaction score
After scrabbling around for the past week or so, and seeing some poor guy die on the M4 this morning I've decided to finally get some new rubber. There's a couple of mm left according to the wear bars but they seem to have gone off completley in the past few hundred miles.

So tomorrow I'm getting 4 x Goodyear F1 GSD3s fitted for the princely sum of £440.

I'm hoping that the road noise will be better than my current PS2s but I'll reprot back when I've scrubbed them in.

cool, let us know how they go Eeef, mines up for its service in 800 miles and I have a feeling they'll be suggesting some new rubber too so any advice would be good!

[ QUOTE ]
After scrabbling around for the past week or so, and seeing some poor guy die on the M4 this morning I've decided to finally get some new rubber. There's a couple of mm left according to the wear bars but they seem to have gone off completley in the past few hundred miles.

So tomorrow I'm getting 4 x Goodyear F1 GSD3s fitted for the princely sum of £440.

I'm hoping that the road noise will be better than my current PS2s but I'll reprot back when I've scrubbed them in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you see what happened? as I saw the accident west bound between 8/9 and 10 but heard the other going eastbound was horrible but nobody explained what happened - I also saw a black S3 stopped at the accident westbound (looked to have stopped and helped) - anyone off here?

Just got a pair of GSD3's on the front. Have to say I've been well impressed so far. Loads of grip and turn-in feels a little sharper.

I didn't see it happen, I guess I got there about 30 mins after it happened (the one between 8/9 & 10) but they were already putting up shields as I got there, never a good sign.

The car seemed to be on its own, no other damaged vehicles, and had gone off the motorway, through a fence and straight into a tree. It was a right mess.

I'm normally quite flippant about these things (I didn't know him so why should I care type thing) but for some reason this one really got to me.

The only upside is that it must have been an instant lights out so I doubt he saw much of it coming.

anyone do the A1 from Huntingdon to the M25? been a serious accident almost every day this week, whats happening out there.......

Too many cameras - not enough Police motor patrols. Everyone drives just as they like - generaly badly.

Audi drivers excepted of course !

That's so true I came up the M1 on Friday afternoon and I found myself undertaking everyone as know body wanted to use the inside lane so I had my very own personal lane on the motorway I felt like the King! It was great. You always get the od one or two that wonder what your doing and if they could here what I was saying as I gave them afew hand jestures then they'd understand that 65mph in the middle/outside lane when the inside lane if empty just isn't fast enough... so that means Wilko being the great driver that he is takes it into his stride to get home faster than everybody else but having his own lane on the motorway... best not tell the Government they'll charge me more for my road tax at the end of the month!!!

And for the record I wasn't in my car I was in a loan Vectra 1.8 SRI which as far as I'm concerned was crap!! "Apparently" it has 140BHP (same as my TDI) but where was it?? When you apply the accelerator peddle in the A3 it moves (and quite quickly) but in the Vectra.... nothing! AT ALL! One thing that did impress me was cruise Control never used it before but that was fun at 100MPH (which took 3days to get too) with my feet off the peddles!! It was a strange feeling!!