2007 A3 2.0 TDI 170 sportback vibration when accelerating????

pk_52

Reaction score
hi all,
i have had my a3 for 2 years now and covered 50k it it. mostly of which has been trouble free.
recently it has developed a vibration when accelerating on the motorway say between 60-80mph.
i took it to my local mechanic and he changed the wheels from the front to the back and it didnt do anythin. has anyone else had this problem??
please if anyone has an idea what it could be so i could pass the info on to my mechanic.
thanks
paul

about 6 months ago when i had new tyres put on?

Cool, because I know that can give you some nasty vibrations which normally show up at about 100kph which is around 60mph....

ill try and get them balanced again tomorrow mate

You'll need to be more specific to get an accurate diagnosis! Does it happen throughout the full rev range....or only in a certain rpm band?

If it's happening between 1800-2100 rpm then suspect the tandem pump / injector harness. If it happening through the rev range could be a out of true wheel(s) or engine mounts.

There always the dmf that could be at fault.

Come back to us with specific info & I'm sure someone will have been there before with this to give you some advice.

Hi I had this same vibration noise recently and it was coming from the front passenger side and it was exactley around 60mph I would check your alloy for geting warm as it could be a wheel bearing mine wasn't geting warm but I changed it and now it's mint

Pretty easy to do urself aswell
Take brake caliper off
Bottom arm off
And there's 4 multi spine bolts that hold the hub job done