Help needed- best comparable for an ultra low mileage 2005 A3 3.2?

jadedW11

Reaction score
I've owned a A3 3.2L (5 dr manual) from new since 2005. For various reasons (living in central London, having access to a 2nd car etc) it has barely been driven and only has ca. 12k miles on it (!) That said, I do love the car and had been planning to carry on driving it for the forseeable future.

Unfortunately, two weeks ago another driver crashed into it- they accepted liability so I am making a claim against their insurer. The repair estimate has come out at £8k, and inevitably the insurer is now trying to write the car off as they have put a ca. £6k valuation on it. I am aware that this is the approx price for this model in the second hand market, but I can't find a single one for sale in the UK of any age which has such low mileage, so there is no way that I would be able to replace it like for like" for this amount of money (given also that I've been the only owner, it's got a FSH, sunroof, leather interior etc etc). I need to dispute the valuation, but it's difficult given the lack of comparable cars on the market. I understand Audi stopped selling the 3.2L version in the UK after 2006 (?), so what is the most comparable model I should be looking at if I want to find something with a similar mileage, (which will almost certainly be newer)? Any help on this would be much appreciated.

It's definitely been discontinued now but obviously after 2007 in that case! I think the problem is though that they never sold many to begin with so there's not so many in the second market, and none I can find with such low mileage. I guess my question is what is the most comparable recent model to the 3.2?

I think the 3.2 was discontinued with the introduction of the facelifted late 2008 model! It's nearest neighbour after facelift is the 58 plate 2.0TFSi quattro.

dont know if the insurance company would honour it but the next closest thing to an a3 3.2 is the golf r32..

same car different coat

Many thanks for all the replies everyone, that's very helpful.

I bought my 05 3.2 Sline with 27k miles a month ago and paid 7,800 for it. Bose, heated leather, RNSE, sunroof, etc, great condition.

Thanks. Was this from a dealer or a private sale? If there was an internet ad any chance of getting the link? Need to provide "evidence" to the insurer...