Qu: Warranty Period -

adamhill

Reaction score
Morning all

Just a quick question, the answer to which I have not been able to find on the audi website and do not have the paper work with me...

What is the standard Audi warranty period?? I believe it is 3 years but am unsure what the mileage capping is??

The reason I ask is my 2.0TDi has just done 30k, with its 2nd service due in 7k or so. In the last service they picked up a "slight oil leak from the Turbo" but gave me some story that it was a known fault and Audi were looking into the problem. Obviously I want any such repair done whilst the car is still under warranty - if the period expires at 36k I might bring the service forward so that any other niggles are sorted out too.

Any one else been spun a line about this?? I must say that I really didn't rate the dealer here in Cambs at all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif.

Thanks for any pointers and also for a great forum - I have been lurking for a while and learning.

Welcome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

The warranty period is 3 years or 60k miles, whichever happens first.

as long as you have the car serviced at a Audi dealer each year i believe?

The relevent wording in the Audi UK Assistance and Warranty Details booklet reads:

The 3-year Audi warranty comprises the manufacturer's unlimited mileage warranty in the first 2 years, plus a full mechanical and electrical warranty, to the same level of cover in the 3rd year up to a mileage limit of 60,000 miles.

An Authorised Audi Centre or Audi Authorised Repairer must carry out any remedial work under warranty.

To ensure that you benefit from these warranties it is essential that you have your car serviced and repaired in accordance with the Manufacturer's instructions.