RNS-E question

stetheo

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just realised today that some of my music was missing off my two SD cards in the RNS, so I clicked the button to move the screen and it subsequently tells you how much music you have on each card. Mine is saying each card only has 380mb on. I have just checked on my computer and there is well over 2gb on each card.

Does anyone know why this would happen and is there anyway I can get it to pick up the rest of my music?

There is a limit to the number of folders it can read. Do you have your music organised into lots of folders?

No, I did. Originally but it only showed the first six. So following that I removed all folders and put just the tracks on.

Could this be the reason then there is too many mp3 files on it?

I've just done a quick search on that, the older units had a 512 file limit, including folders and wouldn't read any contents after that. Limits change with model though, so check your manual.

Yeah thanks will do. I have definitely got less than that many tracks on it though.

Also, what size and type of card are you using? It's fussy about that too!

They are 4gb SD. I made sure I didn't get the SDHC ones as I know these don't work.

Not doing well here, will try splitting all the tracks over a few folders. I've also got an obsolete ipod dock in my glove box which is a load of crap too.

You also need to make sure that only letters and numbers are used in the file names, any special characters can cause the files to be not read.

Make sure file types are compatible. They don't play certain files such as .wav files.

All files are .mp3 and there is only 380 tracks all together on the card.

This is bugging me now as I am missing a significant amount of the music and I can't even use the ipod dock as well. Maybe it's time for a MK2 upgrade

Have you checked for hidden files? And failing that a reformat of the card.

Yeah I have, will try a reformat and see how that goes. I just find it weird that both SD cards only show 380mb worth of songs when there is alot more on each.

Neither card has more than 512 files on it, they are all .mp3 and no special characters involved. It's odd because it seems to just pick entire albums it doesn't want to show/play.

You also have to watch out for the lengths of the names aswell....

RNS-E mk1's are SH!T .... Think I need to make the upgrade on mine!

Oh god there is another parameter I need to watch out for..

Yeah deffo need to upgrade mine!

How do you know if you've a mk1 or not?
I'm only getting some of my sd card contents too
My car is a July 2010 if that helps.

How do you know if you've a mk1 or not?
I'm only getting some of my sd card contents too
My car is a July 2010 if that helps.

Yours is probably Mk2 marshy... If yours has a media button on it then its a mk2, and should have the chrome knobs and/or a gloss Black surround

Must be mk2 as have the media button and chrome knob.
I'll need to see if I can get the rest if my music in.
I'm using a 8gb sdhc card

MK2 RNSE's are spot on. I'm using a 32gb card in mine and it works fine.