Audi S3 Brake Upgrade.

Grant-s3

Nogaro Blue
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I bought a set of Porsche Cayenne Callipers for my 2008 S3. But unfortunately I bought them before really reading into the set up. It look to be very costly and so much footering about to make them fit. Lots of custom stuff, and I just don't have time to get it done.

I've heard that RS4 brake 8 pot upgrade is common on S3s so I might look into this,

Does anyone know of where I can get adapters ?
What size discs? Also I have 18" wheels if this is a problem?
Do I need to upgrade my master cylinder, I've heard to use an RS3 master ?

You might tell me to just buy AP racing kits etc, but I prefer to use OEM parts of other Audis. Any thoughts on this ?

Thanks for reading.

ttrs 4 pot brakes are straight fit. oem upgrade. rs4 i believe need caliper carriers and right discs as the rs4 don't have the right offet + don't know if they fit under 18" wheels.

I'm going for either 6-8 pots. For function and show. Just don't fancy the 4 pots.

One member managed to fit R8 8 pots to his S3 with standard 18" wheels. Just needed bell housing adjustments and custom carriers. I've emailed N8 to try find out about DaveB as he was the one who managed it.

I just had an email from a German company saying my Cayenne callipers have the same bolt pattern as my S3 and can sell me a set of m16/m14 bolts to make them fit ?

Starting to get really confused now lol.