Went to my car this morning both front windows fully open....wtf

Paulc33

Reaction score
Went to go to work this morning and found my car locked but both front windows completely open.

Luckily nothing had been taken. Specially as parted on a busy road.

Dont understand how or why this happened. I hadn't had the windows open last time I drove it as was raining. Locked car and walked away.

So one said it could be that I pressed the buttons on key and activated convenience opening but the keys and car were about 3 min walk apart. Plus I have since tested this theory and that function of opening and closing the windows when locking or unlocking doesn't seem to work or be activated.

Anyone else got got any ideas?? Worried it might happen again and next time il find my rnse had gone walkies.

The car in a 57 2007 a3 8p 2.0tdi.

This is is worrying me a lot considering I live in a flat with permit on street parking and can't always park near my flat. Sometimes can be a 5 min walk or more or even on a different road.

The older vags ie 2001 leons, used to do this was the door lock getting wet and opening the windows.

Spooky, I had a wtf moment last year after work I came back to my car and found the sidelights had turned themselves on. Switch was set to off.

Its the auto window opening isnt it when you press and hold unlock on remote I have it turned off with vcds because hered off lots like you and some that it had ****** down all night so interior was drenched

Reactions: Jonse
I thought it was auto opening off the key remote. But I tried that and function doesn't work.

I know it's an option. But if it doesn't work surely it can't have caused my windows to have opened.
Which is what I'm trying to work out. What caused it so it don't happen again

All it takes is a drop of water to short something in the lock, and down they go.As i said been reported numerous times on the earlier cars. Food for thought.

I have mine activated and mine are up all the time.

You could try reseting the windows... Put both windows up and then pull back the switches (As if to pht the windows up) hold them there for 5-10 seconds then release... Try conveniece opening on the key fob and if they work them the windows should be reset....

Hope that helps.. Id it doesnt work tho, you have a more serious problem

Had this on a previous car and turned out to be the window regulator had failed so the weight of the window allowed it to slip down inside the door. For 2 to fail at the same time on your car I think is nigh on impossible so could be drivers door switches.