DRL question

Alex_007

Reaction score
Hi

Does anybody know if DRL's can be turned off somehow?

Thanks

ummmmm the off setting

Copy%20of%20IMG355.jpg

Reactions: Alex_007, coolevilangel, crunchie and 2 others
Ok cheers, it was for future reference as I'm thinking about getting a new motor .

Thanks

If you have autolights variation of switch, 'auto' mode will leave the DRL's on, but the 'O' will switch everything off no matter which switch you have.

There's also Scandinavian mode to play with using VCDS. When DRL's are on the rears aren't usually on too. However changing this setting allows DRL's and rears to be on.

If you have autolights variation of switch, 'auto' mode will leave the DRL's on, but the 'O' will switch everything off no matter which switch you have.

Ah I see , ok lovely thanks for that , that's good to know .

Cheers

Hi on my a6 the drls only work on the 0 position but these can be turned of by using the mmi system hope this helps

Reactions: Alex_007
Hi on my a6 the drls only work on the 0 position but these can be turned of by using the mmi system hope this helps

I'm pretty sure the 8P chassis still fell into the non compulsory constant DRL as its a good few years old now!

So either cars with more technology in them or newer would generally have this.

Thanks , so I assume they can be turned off across the whole audi range , nice .

Cheers

I know I can enable my DRLs to be ON when the light switch is in the OFF position, using vcds. Not sure if its possible to do the opposite though. Probably is.

I know I can enable my DRLs to be ON when the light switch is in the OFF position, using vcds. Not sure if its possible to do the opposite though. Probably is.

Thanks , as long as there is a way of turning them off if I wanted to then happy days .

Cheers

Reactions: s3_trev